|Kool Keith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1963|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kool Keith is an American rapper and record producer who is regarded as one of hip-hop’s most eccentric and unusual personalities. He was a cofounding member of the hip hop group Ultramagnetic MCs whose discography consists of albums and songs like Funk Your Head Up, Critical Beatdown, The Best Kept Secret, The Four Horsemen, and Watch Your Back. Moreover, Kool Keith has also established himself as a solo artist and has released multiple albums and tracks including Dr. Octagonecologyst, Spankmaster, Black Elvis/Lost in Space, Matthew, Love & Danger, The Return of Dr. Octagon, Feature Magnetic, Keith, Tashan Dorrsett, Computer Technology, Dr. Dooom 2, Demolition Crash, Nogatco Rd., Moosebumps: An Exploration Into Modern Day Horripilation, El Dorado Driven, Controller of Trap, Saks 5th Ave, No Awareness, I Don’t Believe You, Plastic World, 3000, Break U Off/Takin’ It Back, Gorilla Driving a Pickup Truck, Trees, Aliens, Don’t Crush It, Blue Flowers, Earth People, and First Come, First Served.
Keith Matthew Thornton
Kool Keith, Dr. Octagon, Dr. Dooom, Black Elvis, Dr. Ultra, Crazy Lou, Poppa Large, Keith Korg, Dicky Long Docking, Platinum Rich, Underwear Pissy, Number One Producer, Reverand Tom, Mr. Nogatco, Rhythm X, Mr. Gerbik
South Bronx, Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Rapper, Record Producer
Vocals, Keyboard, Bass Guitar
Bulk Recordings, Funky Ass, Ruffhouse Records, Columbia Records, Threshold Recordings, Overcore, DMAFT Records, Insomniac, OCD International, Junkadelic Music, Mello Music Group
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $2 Million.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kool Keith is of African-American descent.
Abstract and surreal lyrics filled with non-sequiturs and profane humor
Kool Keith Facts
- With Ultramagnetic MCs, he released the group’s debut studio album Critical Beatdown on October 4, 1988, through Next Plateau Records and it included songs like Moe Luv’s Theme, Watch Me Now, When I Burn, Kool Keith Housing Things, Break North, Give the Drummer Some, and Ain’t It Good to You. It peaked at #57 on the US Billboard Top Black Albums chart.
- On May 7, 1996, he released his debut solo studio album Dr. Octagonecologyst and it introduced the character of Dr. Octagon, a homicidal, extraterrestrial, time-traveling gynecologist and surgeon.
- Kool Keith’s 5th studio album Matthew was released on July 25, 2000, and it peaked at #36 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart and at #47 on the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart.
- He claimed to have “invented horrorcore” in a 2007 interview.
- Regarding the relationship between himself and his various stage personalities, Keith has said, “I don’t even feel like I’m a human being anymore.”
- His 17th solo studio album Keith was released on July 12, 2019, and Paul Simpson of AllMusic wrote “Keith is simply another consistent, enjoyable album from one of rap’s true legends.”
Featured Image by Jason Persse / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0