|Kris Aquino Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kris Aquino is a Filipina TV personality, actress, producer, and businesswoman who has appeared in numerous films and TV series during her storied career in the Filipino entertainment industry. She has hosted several talk shows, game shows, and is a 4th-generation member of the powerful Aquino political and business dynasty. She is also highly regarded for her philanthropic activities and her association with various charitable organizations that advocate for children’s rights, LGBT rights, freedom of expression, and democratic reforms in the Philippines.
Kristina Bernadette Cojuangco Aquino
Kris, Massacre Queen, Philippine’s Queen of all Media
Quezon City, Philippines
Quezon City, Philippines
Kris completed her elementary schooling from the Poveda Learning Center (now Saint Pedro Poveda College) in Quezon City and then attended the Colegio San Agustin-Makati. She got enrolled at the Ateneo de Manila University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature.
TV Personality, Actress, Producer, Businesswoman
- Father – Benigno Aquino Jr. (Politician) (d. 1983)
- Mother – Corazon Aquino (Politician, Former President of the Philippines) (d. 2009)
- Siblings – Benigno Aquino III (Older Brother) (Politician, Former President of the Philippines), Maria Elena “Ballsy” Aquino-Cruz (Older Sister), Victoria Elisa “Viel” Aquino-Dee (Older Sister), Aurora Corazon “Pinky” Aquino-Abellada (Older Sister)
- Others – Butz Aquino (Uncle) (Actor) (d. 2015), Jose Cojuangco Jr. (Uncle) (Politician), Paul Aquino (Uncle), Pedro Cojuangco (Uncle), Antonio Aquino (Uncle) (d. 1993), Servillano Aquino II (Uncle) (d. 1993), Teresa Aquino-Oreta (Aunt) (Politician), Antolin Oreta (Uncle), Benigno Aquino Sr. (Grandfather) (Politician) (d. 1947), Aurora Aquino (Grandmother), Milagros Aquino (Aunt) (d. 2001), Maria Paz Cojuangco (Aunt), Lupita Aquino-Kashiwahara (Aunt) (Film Director), Maria Aurora Aquino (Aunt), Teresita Cojuangco (Aunt), Josephine C. Reyes (Aunt) (Educationist), Ditas Aquino (Aunt), Erlinda Aquino (Aunt), Servillano Aquino (Great Grandfather) (Army General) (d. 1959), Guadalupe Quiambao (Great Grandmother), Braulio Aquino (Great Great Grandfather), Bam Aquino (Cousin) (Politician, Entrepreneur), Herminio Aquino (Great Uncle) (Businessman, Former Politician), José Cojuangco (Grandfather) (Politician) (d. 1976), Maria Urquico (Step Grandmother), Consuelo Victoria Aquino (Niece), Popsy Mendez-Aquino (Aunt), Jackie M. Aquino (Cousin), Roxanne Aquino (Cousin), Bobby M Aquino (Cousin), Tingting Cojuangco (Aunt) (Politician), Mikee Cojuangco (Cousin) (Model, Actress, Equestrienne), Demetria Sumulong (Grandmother), Roxanne Aquino (Cousin)
She is represented by –
- Star Cinema, Quezon City, Philippines
- East West Artists, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Cornerstone Entertainment Inc., Quezon City, Philippines
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kris has dated –
- Randy Santiago (1988)
- Robin Padilla (1989-1990)
- Gabby Concepcion (1990)
- Alvin Patrimonio (1990-1991)
- Phillip Salvador (1994-1999) – Kris had a long live-in relationship with fellow actor Phillip Salvador. The couple has a son together named Joshua Aquino Salvador.
- Vic Sotto (2003)
- Joey Marquez (2003)
- Mark Lapid (2003-2004)
- James Yap (2005-2010) – Kris got married to professional basketball player James Yap on July 10, 2005. They have a son together named James Carlos Aquino Yap, Jr. (aka Bimby) (b. 2007) (Child Actor). The couple separated in 2010 and were officially divorced in February 2012.
- Diether Ocampo (2011)
- Herbert Bautista (2014)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Asian)
She is of Chinese, Spanish, Filipino (Kapampangan, Tagalog), and possibly Japanese descent.
- Petite frame
- Neck-length hair
- Radiant face
- Has a mole on her forehead
Kris Aquino Facts
- Her father was arrested and jailed when she was a toddler by the then regime in the Philippines. She and her siblings were then raised by her mother. She had to also live in the United States for a while as her family was in exile.
- Kris used to campaign at the election rallies of her country’s 1978 Parliamentary elections when she was just 7 years old and her father was jailed. For her bravery, she was even featured on the front page of The New York Times and on the cover of Time Magazine.
- Other than her showbiz career, she also owns/co-owns several businesses such as Lena Restaurant and Sencillo, a Mexican restaurant; Roberto Antonio, an upscale flower shop; Sierra Madre Water; and several fast food store franchises such as Jollibee and Chowking.
- She has also served as the executive editor of a bi-monthly magazine called K! The Kris Aquino Magazine. She also established a film and television production company in 2013 called Kris Aquino Productions (or K Productions).
Featured Image by Kris Aquino / Instagram