Riga, Latvian SSR, Soviet Union
Ksenia Solo went to the Earl Haig Secondary School and studied arts there.
- Mother – Her mother used to be a ballerina. She later pursued an acting career.
Ksenia Solo is represented by Vancouver-based Kirk Talent Agencies, Inc.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ksenia Solo has dated –
- Kris Holden-Ried – Ksenia has been often linked with her fellow Canadian actor Kris Holden-Ried. It has been reported that they had grown close while working on the TV series, Lost Girl.
- Nolan Gerard Funk (2010-Present) – Ksenia has had a very on and off relationship with Canadian actor and singer Nolan Gerard Funk. The reports of them dating first started circulating at the start of 2010. They reportedly dated on and off till February 2015 after which they weren’t seen together at the red-carpet events. However, their pictures have surfaced on her social media accounts, due to which we can confer that they are back together. Although she rarely refers to him as her boyfriend, their cozy equation is well evident in their pictures.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Russian and Baltic German ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’ and ‘red’.
- Petite figure
- Green eyes
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Mackenzie “Kenzi” Malikov in the supernatural drama TV series, Lost Girl.
- Having played the role of Peggy Shippen in the historical drama TV series, Turn: Washington’s Spies.
In 2001, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the drama movie, My Louisiana Sky, which was an adaptation of a novel with the same title and written by Kimberly Willis Holt.
First TV Show
In 2000, Ksenia Solo made her first TV show appearance in the Bride of Pleskit! episode of the sci-fi comedy TV series, I Was a Sixth Grade Alien.
Ksenia Solo tries to work out regularly. She especially loves yoga and Pilates workout sessions and she doesn’t mind throwing in impromptu dance parties for her cardio needs in her daily schedule. In case, she doesn’t have the time to make it to Yoga and Pilates classes, she works out at her home. For her home workout, she relies on Mandy Ingber’s yoga DVD workouts.
She also follows a healthy and clean diet to complement her fitness regime. Her daily diet plan is as follows –
- Breakfast – She starts her day with an invigorating green juice made from spinach, kale, avocado, apple, banana, almond milk, and frozen bananas, and a touch of almond butter. She also likes a bowl of semolina porridge topped with almond butter for her breakfast.
- Lunch – The Turkey wrap with avocado, spinach, turkey, and cucumber stuffed in.
- Dinner – Grilled organic chicken breast with steamed veggies and sweet potato. She allows herself to indulge in a glass of light red wine.
- Snack – A bowl of diced pineapple or 5-10 unsweetened apple rings
Ksenia Solo Facts
- While growing up, she was often bullied in school due to her small stature and her inability to speak English without an accent. It was so bad that she had to shift schools on multiple occasions.
- She has done extensive activism work for Stand for the Silent, a non-profit organization that works to dissuade bullying. She has even been appointed as the director of the organization.
- While growing up, she tried to follow her family’s tradition and started taking ballet classes. But, she had to quit at the age of 14 as her bad back made it difficult for her to execute some of the moves.
- She gave multiple auditions to bag her role in the Lost Girl. The producers weren’t initially sure about her so she kept on exploring and changing the image in her auditions to make sure that she was perfectly in the character that they were seeking.
- She got her first big breakthrough with her work in the TV series, renegadepress.com, which helped her win 2 consecutive Gemini Awards under the Best Performance in a Children’s or Youth Program or Series category in 2005 and 2006.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Ksenia Solo / Instagram