|Kunal Jaisingh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1989|
Kunal Jaisingh is a rising Indian television actor who came to prominence with his portrayal of Ranveer Shergill in The Buddy Project from 2012 to 2014. Since then, the handsome hunk has played a number of important roles such as Omkara Singh Oberoi in Dil Boley Oberoi (2017) and Ishqbaaaz (2016-2018) as well as Ruhaan in Voot Originals Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka. He has also received several awards including the Gold Award in 2018 and Indian Telly Award in 2019 for his incredible acting. Besides that, he has also been in the limelight for having married his long-time girlfriend actress Bharati Kumar who is 2 years older than him. With time, Kunal has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 600k followers on Facebook, and more than 150k followers on Twitter.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kunal graduated with a degree in engineering from H.R. College of Commerce and Economics.
- Father – Sunil Jaisingh (Businessman)
- Mother – Poonam Jaisingh
- Siblings – He has a sister.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kunal has dated –
- Aneri Vajani – In the past, Kunal and actress Aneri Vajani were rumored to have been in a relationship. At the same time, there had also been speculations that the two were to get married. However, in an interview, Kunal blamed the online media for spreading such information and also stated that Aneri was a friend of his and that was just about it.
- Bharati Kumar (2012-Present) – Kunal and actress Bharati Kumar met one another on the set of The Buddy Project in 2012. The couple instantly clicked and fell for one another. They dated for almost 5 years before Kunal finally got down on his knees and proposed to his long-time girlfriend which led to their engagement on March 18, 2018. Later, on December 20, 2018, they tied the knot in Mumbai. Amongst all the praises Kunal has to say about his now-wife, he also adds “She is homely yet modern. She is like water and I feel she can adjust anywhere. Bharati makes the environment very friendly. She is a girl any guy would want as his wife, a girl that a family would look for their son and most importantly, she is the only one for me in this world. And she is mine.”
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Sindhi heritage.
- Long straight hair
- Well-kept thick beard
- Wears an earring on his left ear
Through his social media, Kunal has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
- Warner Bros. Pictures India
- Monk Story
Best Known For
- His important portrayal of Ranveer Shergill in The Buddy Project (2012-2014), Omkara Singh Oberoi in Dil Boley Oberoi (2017) and Ishqbaaaz (2016-2018) as well as Ruhaan in Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka
- Being featured on the cover of various magazines such as iCraze and Enlighten India
- Winning several awards including Gold Award in 2018 and an Indian Telly Award in 2019 for “Best Actor In Supporting Role” in Ishqbaaaz
- His rather serious facial expressions
First TV Show
Kunal made his first TV show appearance as Gunga in Star Plus’s Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya in 2012. He also got to see the likes of actors like Sana Amin Sheikh, Parvati Sehgal, Manmohan Tiwari, and Sanaya Irani.
In an interview taken in 2014, Kunal spoke about not getting time to hit the gym due to his busy schedule. However, he believes that eating right is what has kept him lean. He also added that he had done a fitness course before joining the entertainment industry.
The only workout he was getting at the time of the interview, was the running that he would do on set.
Kunal also advices his fans to not indulge in eating fried food, too much white rice, and bread. Instead, he suggests, drinking green tea, warm water, salads, and fruits which help burn fat naturally.
Kunal’s hairstylist Ali is the reason behind his lustrous long hair and when he’s not on set, Kunal washes his hair every day. After that, he applies Morrocan oil and then he does a cysteine treatment to keep his hair straight and shining all the time. As of 2016, he was using a shampoo and conditioner from Tigi Resurrection.
Kunal Jaisingh Favorite Things
Kunal Jaisingh Facts
- He was raised in Mumbai, Maharashtra by a family of Sindhi culture.
- Though Kunal is a Sindhi, he very often passes off as a Punjabi.
- Kunal found his passion for acting when he was a teenager.
- He worked at a multinational company prior to making his decision to pursue acting as a career.
- Kunal had decided to give acting a year and then return to his normal job if things did not go very well. He spent months learning from people and giving auditions before finally landing the role of a mute character named Gunga in Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya (2012). However, Kunal was selected on the basis of an audition that he had given for another show which was to be aired on Star Plus but did not make it. Instead, the coordinator of Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya used the same audition take to get him on to the show.
- During his early years of starting off, Kunal had faced an immense amount of rejections. However, he accepted them boldly and carried on pursuing his passion.
- Little do people know, Kunal is an incredibly talented photographer who has worked with many celebrities like Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar, Shrenu Parikh, Nakuul Mehta, and Mansi Srivastava. His photography page on Instagram is titled PhotoFakir.
- Despite being a well-known TV actor, Kunal believes in leading a down-to-earth lifestyle. He believes that success is just a phase of life that does not always last forever.
- Kunal is a complete foodie and never misses out on trying out new cuisines.
- He has a tattoo on his left wrist with his mother’s name Poonam and a Lotus on top of it. The lotus is a Sanskrit meaning for his first name Kunal. According to sources, he also has a second tattoo on his ankle which is inked with a lion wearing a top hat while smoking a pipe.
- Kunal is very passionate about cars and if he were to be invisible, he would go to an Aston Martin or Lamborghini showroom and drive them out without paying for them.
- If he had not become an actor, Kunal would have definitely become an entrepreneur.
- He had a huge crush on American actress Angelina Jolie during his childhood years.
- Kunal enjoys going shopping. However, he is a picky buyer as she does not like to spend his money on something that he would regret later.
- A secret talent of Kunal’s is that he is very good at playing the ukulele.
- He and actor Leenesh Mattoo are very close friends.
- Follow Kunal on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image Kunal Jaisingh / Instagram