|Sana Amin Sheikh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1989|
Sana Amin Sheikh is an Indian actress and radio jockey who is well known for her inportant portrayal of Ritu Shah in Kya Mast Hai Life (2009–2010), as Suman in Jeet Jayenge Hum (2009–2010), as Reet in Mera Naam Karegi Roshan (2010), and as Lajjo in Gustakh Dil (2013–2014). Sana is also noted for being cast in the films like Singham (2011), Table No. 21 (2013), and Island City (2015). Besides being an incredible actress, she is also a radio jockey famously known for hosting Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM’s Khoobsorat Sana. Over time, Sana has also amassed a huge fan following with more than 400k followers on Instagram.
Sana Amin Sheikh
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mira Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sana studied at St. Joseph’s Convent, Bandra. Later, she attended Rishi Dayaram and Seth Hassaram National College and Seth Wassiamull Assomull Science College.
Actress, Radio Jockey
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sana has dated –
- Sharib Sabri – Sana was previously in a relationship with singer Toshi Sabri’s brother Sharib Sabri. The two had also been spotted with one another on more than one occasion.
- Vibhav Roy (2013) – Sana was romantically linked with actor Vibhav Roy who played her on-screen husband on Gustakh Dil. When the two were asked about rumors, Sana replied “There is no romance happening yet,” and adds, “Vibhav is a great guy, and I can never have lunch without him. I would love to date him because he is a well-brought-up. Let’s see what the future holds.” Whereas, Vaibhav on the other hand, said “I wonder if she would want to date a person like me. She is more successful. She has taught me how to act and yes, if I had more time, I would love to date her. But as of now, we are only working together.” Hence, living fans with a rather unclear answer.
- Aijaz Sheikh – Sana and TV show director Aijaz Sheikh met one another during a promotional shoot for Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan season 2. The had instantly fallen in love with each other and later, decided to talk to their parents. The couple eventually got married on January 15, 2016. It is said that Sana had designed her own wedding outfit and Mehendi pattern.
Race / Ethnicity
- Oval face shape
- Aquiline nose
- She wears a nose ring.
- Small lips
Sana has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Ritu Shah in Kya Mast Hai Life (2009–2010), as Suman in Jeet Jayenge Hum (2009–2010), as Reet in Mera Naam Karegi Roshan (2010), as Lajjo in Gustakh Dil (2013–2014), as Aradhya in Krishnadasi (2016), and as Suchi Sharma / Suchi Aarav Randhawa Bhootu (2017–2018)
- Starring in the films Singham (2011), Table No. 21 (2013), and Island City (2015)
- Marrying TV show director Aijaz Sheikh
- Working with some of the best celebrities like Ajay Devgan, Kajal Aggarwal, Tine Desai, Rajeev Khandelwal, and Paresh Rawal
- Her guest appearances on several hit shows such as Bhanwar (2015), Code Red Talaash (2015), Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya (2015), and in Laal Ishq (2018)
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Savi in Hasratein in 1995.
Sana is a non-vegetarian and does constrict herself to any kind of strict diet routine. For breakfast, she enjoys eating something that she can cook up quickly like an egg omelet with brown bread toast. For lunch, Sana enjoys eating a non-vegetarian dish like dal gosht with brown rice.
Sana Amin Sheikh Favorite Things
- Color – Pink
- Reality Show In 2017 – Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champ
- Ice Cream Flavor – Almond Chocolate
- In the past, Sana’s husband Aijaz Sheikh stormed off the set of Ek Duje Ke Vaaste after getting into a heated argument with actor Namik Paul. It so happened that, Namik had told questioned Aijaz’s ability as a director. Sana also said that “I got a bit upset when Namik in front of the entire unit said – What work does a director do! Even the block is made by the cameraman. It was indeed wrong on Namik’s part to talk like this about his director who is the captain of the ship.” After her statement went viral, Namik’s fan instantly took to Twitter to lash out on her for supporting her husband. To which she replied, “What is wrong in supporting my husband especially when he is right.”
- In 2016, Sana received much flak from her own fans, after she was seen off-set sporting a ‘sindoor’. Sana did not take the rather rude comments by people lightly and lashed out at them saying “There r people who bash me asking why do I put sindoor after pack up.. (btw it goes off only when I wash my hair).” Sana heeded people to not discriminate between religion by adding “my Nani and my Mum wore Mangalsutras.. which is a “Hindu thing” Does this make us less of a Muslim.. ?.” She also made it clear to her critics that, what she had done was nothing wrong and also told them to not waste their time on social media.
Sana Amin Sheikh Facts
- She was raised in Mumbai, Maharastra.
- Sana was barely 6 years old when she was cast in Zee TV’s Hasratein as Savi in 1995. However, she did not return to acting until 2009 with her role as Ritu Shah in Kya Mast Hai Life.
- Growing up, Sana was a shy and timid person. However, acting came to Sana naturally despite being the first member of her family to enter the entertainment industry.
- Her journey as a radio jockey began while she was still in college. One day, she had heard about an open audition on the Radio Mirchi broadcast network. She gave the interview and to her surprise, she was asked to join them immediately. There onwards, she began hosting the show Khoobsorat Sana Ke Saath. As of 2019, it was reported that she had begun hosting TRP – Television Radio Par.
- She made her first film appearance as Anjali Bhosle in Singham at the age of 22.
- In 2013, she was featured in the music video of Gandi Baat from the film R… Rajkumar (2013).
- While shooting on Gustakh Dil (2013–2014), Sana would stand on a wooden stool to match her co-star Vibhav Roy’s height. The reason behind this is that she does not like to wear heels. Sana would also prefer to wear her own clothes while shooting and also did her own makeup.
- In 2014, she bought a house. Sana had also started to take a keen interest in interior designing. Sana also revealed that she was looking forward to learning more about it.
- Her hidden talent is singing. She is a naturally talented singer, who claims that her entire family is good at it.
- Sana is quite an inquisitive kind of person especially when it comes to meeting new people. Besides that, she feels antsy when she’s not doing anything.
- She finds it difficult to eat alone and must have someone around her in order to have a hearty meal.
- She and actress Tasha Kapoor, and Shweta Mahadik are very close friends.
- In December 2018, it was announced that Sana had taken actress Sayali Sanjeev’s place on Perfect Pari. The makers of the show also specified that the reason for this overnight change was due to Sayali being adviced to take complete bed rest.
- Music is Sana best companion, whether its in dressing room, at home or even while driving. It helps her stay positive at all times.
- Sana tends to get agitated when things are not kept properly and clean.
- The only kind of show that she enjoys watching the most is singing reality shows.
- As of 2017, Sana stated that she was happy doing back-to-back shows and did not plan on shifting her focus towards Bollywood.
- She wears a pair of glasses whenever she goes to watch a movie as she finds it difficult to see clearly without them.
- Sana never leaves home without a hand sanitizer, sunscreen, lip balm, charger, and sketch pens to underline notes. She also carries a recorder, a MAC nude peach lipstick, a kajal pencil, and a hairband.
- She is not very fond of applying makeup.
- Her day most certainly begins with a cup of tea.
- Sana is an amazing cook who can make anything from 3 different kinds of biryani to dal gosht. Besides that, Sana is also a big foodie.
- She is obsessed with mutton biryani and dal and rice.
- She is a complete shopaholic. However, she considers herself to be a boring person.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Sana Amin Sheikh / Instagram