|Vibhav Roy Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 11, 1988|
Vibhav Roy is an Indian actor and model who is best known for his appearance as Nikhil Bhardwaj in Gustakh Dil (2013-2014) and as Ishaan Sinha in Doli Armaamo Ki (2014-2015). He also earned quite a reputation for himself, after he was cast in Padmaavat (2018) as Itaat Khan alongside Bollywood’s biggest stars Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, and Shahid Kapoor. Besides that, he also appeared in 2 other films Redrum – A Tale of Murder (2018) and Lashtam Pashtam (2018). Vibhav, who began his career as a model, has also earned a good place in the world of commercials, appearing in several commercials for brands like Hindware, Suzuki Connect, Philips, and Olay.
Vibhav Chandra Roy
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Vibhav studied in London prior to his return to India, where he graduated from St. Columba’s School, New Delhi. Later, he attended the Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, from where he attained a degree in Accounting and Finance.
He is also an accomplished Certified Practising Accountant (CPA).
- Father – Dr. Vipul Roy (Cardiologist)
- Mother – Dr. Madhu Roy (Gynecologist)
- Siblings – Varnika Roy (Older Sister)
Vibhav Roy is represented by Bollywoodhunts.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vibhav has dated –
- Sana Amin Sheikh (2013) – Prior to her marriage, actress Sana Amin Sheikh was assumed to have been dating with her on-screen beau Vibhav on Gustakh Dil. Their closeness in public brought about several rumors that eventually led to them having to clarify the kind of relationship that they had with one another. Sana told the media that, she enjoyed Vibhav’s company and said, “I would love to date him because he is well-brought-up. Let’s see what the future holds.” On the other hand, Vibhav the more excited fellow added “I wonder if she would want to date a person like me. She is more successful. She has taught me how to act and yes, if I had more time, I would love to date her. But as of now, we are only working together.”
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi heritage.
- Chiseled jawline
- Pale skin tone
- Thick eyebrows
- Often sports a French beard
Vibhav Roy has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Suzuki Connect
- Raymond Linen
- Yamaha Fascino
Best Known For
- Being cast as Nikhil Bhardwaj in Gustakh Dil (2013-2014), as Ishaan Sinha in Doli Armaamo Ki (2014-2015), and as Itaat Khan in Padmaavat (2018)
- Starring in the web series Fuh se Fantasy as Luke in 2019
- Appearing in commercials for various brands like Yamaha, Suzuki Connect, Olay, and Philips
Vibhav made his debut theatrical film appearance as Itaat Khan in Padmaavat in 2018.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Nikhil Bhardwaj alongside actress Sana Amin Sheikh in Gustakh Dil in 2013.
Vibhav once weighed more than a 100 kgs as his diet at the time was off the charts. He would eat a lot of fatty food like aloo parathas, Dahi, pakoras, malaiwala milk, and mithai. Apart from that, he would have a full course lunch, dinner, and a variety of greasy food like chips to go all through the day.
However, the secret to his weight loss was a tight monthly budget of which he had to live off in Australia. This restricted him to only healthy eating and plenty of walking. Vibhav also started eating only when he was hungry.
As of 2014, Vibhav had reduced his weight to 70 kgs. He was also going to the gym 4 times a week, where he was focused on weight training. Vibhav would also take a day from his training schedule to only do intensive-cardio exercises.
As for his diet, he mostly prefers to have oats and glass of orange juice for breakfast. For lunch, he enjoys eating a foot-long Subway or pasta and his dinner usually consists of salads, soups, stirs fry vegetables or fruits. Vibhav also believes that sleeping well is the key to be good looking. He also prefers to not consume any kind of carbs after 7 pm.
In 2017, he was training with bodybuilder and Jerai Classic title winner for 2017 Durga Prasad Nanda.
Vibhav Roy Favorite Things
- Food – Paneer Makhani, Naan
- Cuisine – Indian
- Song Of All-Time – Dil Se Re (1998) by music artist A. R. Rahman, Anuradha Sriram, Febi Mani, Annupamaa
- Place To Visit – Delhi
- Actor – Shahrukh Khan
- Film – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)
- Icecream Flavor – Chocolate
- Non-Alcoholic Drink – Diet Coke
Vibhav Roy Facts
- He spent his childhood days in London with his parents Madhu and Vipul who are both doctors. Later, he returned to India during his teenage years. However, he moved to Australia for quite a long time to pursue his further studies.
- Vibhav is an accountant by profession. He also worked at IBM, Australia for 3 years as their financial consultant and is also a Certified Professional Accountant. While he studied in Australia, his parents would give him $1200 every month.
- It had been Vibhav’s dream to become an actor ever since he was a teenager and finally, in 2012, he followed his instinct and shifted to Mumbai. The following year, he landed himself the lead role of Nikhil Bhardwaj in Gustakh Dil (2013-2014).
- His first audition was alongside actress Kajol in a commercial for Olay. All he had to say was “Oh Kajol” and take a picture of her. Vibhav also stated that he had been paid INR 20,000.
- Vibhav got his break in 2018, with the highly controversial film Padmaavat, starring actor Shahid Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, and Deepika Padukone.
- His success in several shows that brought him in the limelight was noticed by producer and screenwriter Ekta Kapoor who booked him for her show Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan (2015). However, due to a consequently low television rating point, he and his co-star Shritama Mukherjee were both replaced 3 months after the show had started. The roles were later given to actress Asha Negi and Aly Goni. Despite, the desperate attempt to revive the show, it ended in January 2016.
- As of 2015, Vibhav was obsessed with Diet Coke, he would consume almost 4 to 5 cans each day. Aware of the health risks it imposes, Vibhav also stated that he wanted to put an end to it.
- To him, the perfect woman is a lethal combination of beauty and brains.
- He is most proud of the fact that he brushes his teeth at least 4 times a day.
- Vibhav does not smoke or consume any kind of chewing tobacco.
- He describes himself as ambitious, hardworking, and energetic.
- Vibhav is close friends with actress Sana Amin Sheikh and Parvati Sehgal.
- Black is the color that defines him the most.
- He is obsessed with paneer and chocolates. He also enjoys eating Pani puri, momos, and Kathi rolls.
- Vibhav is an eggiterian.
- He does not consume any kind of alcoholic beverages.
- Follow him on Instagram and Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Vibhav Roy / Instagram