|Sanaya Irani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1983|
Sanaya Irani is an Indian actress, who is counted among the most recognizable TV faces. She rose to fame playing the role of Khushi Kumari Gupta in the hit TV show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? on Star Plus. She has also appeared in popular reality shows.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Irani was in a boarding school in Ooty for 7 years after which she completed her graduation from Sydenham College. She got enrolled for an MBA degree before becoming a model.
Actress, Dancer, Model
- Others – Finn Walker Irani (Nephew)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Mohit Sehgal – She married Indian television actor Mohit Sehgal on January 25, 2016, in Goa.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Persian Zoroastrian ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘Dark Brown’.
- Sharp features
- Large expressive eyes
- Beautiful smile
She has endorsed a number of brands like –
- Kwality Walls
Sanaya Irani Favorite Things
- Pastime – Travelling with husband, Caring for stray animals
- TV Shows – Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
- Exercise Program – Yoga
- Mood Uplifter – Yoga
Sanaya Irani Facts
- Before foraying into television, she did modeling and commercials with Bollywood stars like Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor.
- Her career breakthrough came when she was cast in the lead role of the simple, unpretentious, introverted nerd Gunjan, on STAR One’s Miley Jab Hum Tum (2008-2010).
- She adores her nephew, Finn Walker Irani.
- The show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (2011–12) featuring Irani as Khushi and Barun Sobti as Arnav had consistently maintained its position as one of the top 10 daily shows on Indian TV. Audiences could not get enough of the love-hate relationship of Khushi and Arnav, and with the popularity of the show, Irani amassed a huge fan following.
- Irani had debuted on the big screen with a cameo in the Yash Raj Film Fanaa (2006) as Mehbooba. Later, she had appeared in other Hindi films like Dum Dum Dumroo and Pihu (2018), and Ghost (2019).
- Her dancing skills have been noted, too. In 2015, the versatile actress was a finalist for the 8th season of the reality TV show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. She also took part in the dance reality television show Nach Baliye in 2017 with her partner Mohit Sehgal and won the 3rd place.
- Irani has considered herself very lucky as an actor, having got what she had wanted, all her roles being unique and diverse.
- Irani has won several “Face of The Year” awards.
- She has been included in the list of “40 Most Beautiful Women” in People magazine (India) in the past.
- In 2012, K-based newspaper Eastern Eye put her name in their record of “50 S*xiest Asian Women”.
- In a poll by a weekly magazine in 2013, she was titled the 6th “S*xiest Asian Woman Alive”, Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif being placed on the number 1 position.
- She was declared one of the “Top 10 Best Television Actresses” by Rediff in 2014.
- People have kept mistaking actress Kashmira Irani to be her sister.
- When she was young, Irani had been so conscious of her underweight-look that she resorted to eating junk food, in the hope of appearing healthier.
Featured Image by Colors TV / www.colorstv.com / CC BY-SA 4.0