|Kurt Angle Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 9, 1968|
Kurt Angle is a retired American professional wrestler who won a Gold medal in freestyle heavyweight wrestling at the 1996 Summer Olympics as an amateur before joining the WWE in 1998.
Kurt Steven Angle
Mt. Lebanon Township, Pennsylvania, United States
Coraopolis, near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Kurt studied in Canon-McMillan High School and graduated from Mt. Lebanon High School in 1987.
He acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Education from the Clarion University of Pennsylvania.
Retired Professional and Amateur Wrestler, WWE Backstage Producer, Actor, Stunt Coordinator
- Father – David Angle (Crane Operator) (Deceased, Expired 1985)
- Mother – Marie Jacqueline Barwick Angle aka Jackie (Expired in 2015 due to Cancer)
- Siblings – LéAnn Angle (Older Sister) (Respiratory Therapist, Expired 2003), David Angle (Older Brother) (Convicted to a prison sentence for voluntary manslaughter of his wife in 2016), Mark Angle (Older Brother) (President, Business Agent), John Angle (Older Brother) (Crane Operator / Truck Driver), Eric Angle (Older Brother) (Former Wrestler)
- Others – Bernadette Barwick (Maternal Grandmother), Donna Angle (Sister-in-Law, Deceased), Marcy Angle (Sister-in-Law), Felicia Angle (Sister-in-Law)
He is represented by –
- Jeremy Loethen, Traverse-media, Los Angles, California
- Jeff Witjas, Agency for the Performing Arts (APA), Beverly Hills, California
- Dave Hawk (Wrestling Manager)
6 ft or 183 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kurt has dated –
- Karen Smedley (1998–2008) – Professional wrestling valet Karen Smedley and Kurt got married in 1998. During her marriage to Kurt Angle, she had a daughter named Kyra Angle (b. December 2002) and a son named Kody Angle (b. October 2006).
- Trenesha Biggers (2008–2009) – Kurt was in a brief live-in relationship with the former TNA wrestler Trenesha Biggers from 2008 to 2009.
- Robin Quivers (2009) – Angle read a love poem proposing a potential love relationship to radio personality, author, and actress Robin on the Howard Stern radio show in March 2009.
- Giovanna Yannotti (2010–Present) – The couple got married in 2012 and have 3 daughters namely Giuliana Marie (b. January 2011), Sophia Laine (b. December 2012), and Nikoletta Sky (b. November 2016). In June 2019, the couple adopted a son from Bulgaria.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian, Irish, English, German, and Lithuanian ancestry.
- Maintains a shaved head
- Muscular build owing to years of training and use of performance enhancement drugs and human growth hormone
- He was sponsored by Coca-Cola in the 1996 Summer Olympics.
- He was cast in US national commercials for Direct Auto Insurance, Subway – WWE Wrestlemania, and Vocelli’s Pizza in the past.
- Kurt was featured in every WWF turned WWE video game from 2000 to 2006 and WWE 2K18, 2K19, and 2K20.
- His other video game appearances include TNA Impact!, TNA Wrestling, and TNA Wrestling Impact!
- Angle formerly made promotional appearances for WalMart, K-Mart, Coca-Cola, AT&T, Walgreens, NASCAR, and GNC.
- Kurt co-owns and promotes his supplement company with IFBB Pro David Hawk called Barndad Nutrition.
Kurt Favorite Things
- Cheat Meal – Cinnamon roll pancakes
- Wrestling Move In High School – Duck unders
- Breakfast – Egg whites and oatmeal
- Horror Film – The Boy (2016)
- Sport Other Than Wrestling – American Football
- Independent Wrestler – Chris Hero
- Time-Pass Activity While Traveling – Reading Ben Carson books
- Cartoon – Bugs Bunny
- Film – Rocky franchise
- Non-Alcoholic Drink – Diet Coke
- Cereal – Cocoa Pebbles
Source – TheRecipe.com, KurtAngleBrand.com
Kurt Angle Facts
- He started wrestling at the age of 7.
- Kurt played drums for 20 years as a stress buster from rigorous training.
- Throughout high school, Angle won accolades for wrestling and football.
- Angle continued amateur wrestling during his college years that made him a 3 time NCAA Division I All American (1990–1992).
- He eventually won a gold medal at FILA World Championship in 1995.
- In 1996, while competing in the Olympic Trials, Kurt suffered from 2 fractured cervical vertebrae and 2 herniated discs. Nevertheless, with the help of painkillers, 5 months later, he won the gold medal at the Summer Olympics 1996 in Heavyweight freestyle wrestling.
- He published his autobiography called, It’s True! It’s True in September 2001.
Featured Image by Kristin Fitzsimmons / americasupportsyou.mil / Public Domain