|Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 29, 1993|
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is a Japanese singer, model, and blogger. She is known for her 2011 single Pon Pon Pon that gained more than 130 million views on YouTube. Before the Japanese Pop sensation began her career as a singer, she used to work as a model and a fashion blogger. Kyary has always been considered as a public representation of the Harajuku region where she grew up. Her humorous anime styled outfits have given her the title of Japan’s Lady Gaga. She also has a huge social media fan base with over 6 million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million followers on Instagram, over 400k followers on Facebook, and 700k+ subscribers on YouTube.
Kyary, Caroline Charonplop Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
Kyary Pamyu’s educational background is unknown.
Singer, Model, Blogger
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
She is represented by Asobisystem.
J-Pop, Dance-Pop, EDM, Glitch, Bubblegum Pop, Electropop, Synth-Pop, Electronica, Dubstep
Unborde, Warner Musical Group (2011), Sire Records (Signed up in 2013)
5 ft 1¾ in or 157 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kyary has dated –
- Satoshi Fukase (2013-2015) – The lead vocalist of the Japanese pop band Sekai no Owari, Satoshi Fukase dated Pamyu for just a little over 2 years from June 2013 up until August 2015 when the couple mutually ended their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She prefers to dye her hair in many colors such as ‘brown’, ‘blonde’, ‘blue’, ‘purple’, and ‘pink’.
- Protruding eyes
- Pouty Lips
- Oval Face
- Fringe Hair
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has endorsed various brands like –
- GU Clothing
Her religious beliefs aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Her single Pon Pon Pon (2011) that got ranked in Japan’s top 10 Oricon music chart
- Being Japan’s Harajuku Pop Princess and J-Pop Princess
In May 2012, Kyary’s debut studio album, titled Pamyu Pamyu Revolution, was released by Yasutaka Nakata (CAPSULE) via Warner Music Japan.
She was featured as herself in her first theatrical film Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Cinema John! in 2014.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as the hostess of the show Kyary Pamyu Pamyu TV John! in 2011.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Favorite Things
- Clothing Store – Candy Stripper
- Anime And Manga Show – Crayon Shin-Chan
Source – SBS
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Facts
- She has been featured on the cover of the British magazine Dazed & Confused in their December 2012 issue.
- Her parents were very strict. While growing up, Pamyu wasn’t allowed to use her cell phone as freely as she wanted.
- Pamyu dressed traditionally due to her mother being very strict about her fashion sense. However, there were times when she would change her traditional clothing into Harajuku-style clothing using a public toilet.
- Kyary has worked with Eyemazing, a company that produced fake eyelashes which were known as Harajuku Dolls Eyelashes.
- Kyary started taking dance lessons in her early years.
- At the age of 12, she was seen in a couple of video series called Imouto Club and Kasumi.
- Pamyu’s first album Pamyu Pamyu Revolution (May 2012) and second album Nanda Collection (June 2013) were ranked #2 and #1, respectively, in the Oricon Weekly.
- She was a fashion blogger and a model before she began her musical career.
- Japanese DJ and record producer, Yasutaka Nakata motivated Kyary Pamyu to become a singer.
- In 2011, Pamyu released an autobiography named Oh! My God!! Harajuku Girl that talks about her journey to fame.
- In 2013, Kyary’s outfits were displayed at a museum named after her stage name Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and it was called the Kyary Pamyu Pamuseum.
- Kyary delivered her first American performance during a fashion show on December 9, 2011.
- Kyary’s album was compared against Coldplay and Ed Sheeran‘s album releases as the biggest sellers by the Warner Music Group in January 2015.
- In the past, accusations were put against Kyary by the press, stating, her fashion was the reason why she got fame and it was not just the music.
- All of Pamyu’s music videos and live shows are designed in such a way that only her face is visible and background performers wear masks.
- In 2016, she became the most followed Japanese female celebrity on Twitter.
- Her hit single Pon Pon Pon was used on the 540th episode, Married to the Blob, of the sitcom The Simpsons in 2014.
- Her videos have been known for going viral across the western world.
- Visit her official website @ kyary.asobisystem.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu / Instagram