|Lara Pulver Quick Info
|5 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|September 1, 1980
Lara Pulver is an English actress, voice actress, and stage artist who is known for her television roles like Isabella in the comedy action-adventure series Robin Hood, Claudine Crane in the fantasy horror drama series True Blood, Ann O’Neill in the biographical drama miniseries Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond, Irene Adler in the mystery crime drama series Sherlock, Erin Watts in the BBC One spy drama series Spooks, Clarice Orsini in the historical fantasy drama series Da Vinci’s Demons, Princess Mirana (voice) in the Netflix adult animated epic fantasy series Dota: Dragon’s Blood, Kate Pencastle in the legal drama series The Split, Catherine MacDiarmid in the medical drama series Maternal, and Katrynia in the science fiction crime drama series The City and the City. Moreover, Lara Pulver has also been cast in various movies such as Language of a Broken Heart, Legacy, Edge of Tomorrow, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, and Underworld: Blood Wars.
Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
In 1997, Lara got admission to the Doreen Bird College of Performing Arts from where she graduated with a BA Honors degree in Theatre in 2000.
From 1994 to 1998, she went to the National Youth Music Theatre to hone her acting skills.
She also took classes at The Liz Burville Dance Centre.
Actress, Voice Actress, Stage Artist
- Father – Lara wasn’t in touch with her father for a long time from the age of 11 as he separated from her mother. He used to work as an insurance salesman.
- Mother – Worked at Barclays.
- Siblings – Her sister is a teacher.
Lara Pulver has been represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lara Pulver has dated –
- Josh Dallas (2003-2011) – Lara met her first husband Josh Dallas when she was taking classes at the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts. They fell in love while working on The Boy Friend at Theatre Royal. On Christmas Eve, they got married in 2007 in a 16th-century barn. However, about four years later, they decided to go separate ways, which was revealed by Dallas on a radio show. They officially divorced in September 2017.
- Jonas Armstrong (2009) – Lara was RUMORed to be having an affair with Irish actor Jonas Armstrong. They had hooked up while working in the Robin Hood TV series.
- Benedict Cumberbatch (2012) – Towards the end of 2012, Lara was RUMORed to be going out with her Sherlock co-star Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Tom Hiddleston (2013) – After they were spotted having dinner in a New York City restaurant, it was RUMORed that Lara might be going out with British heartthrob Tom Hiddleston.
- Raza Jaffrey (2012-Present) – Lara and her husband Raza Jaffrey had been cast in the TV series, Spooks. However, their work never overlapped and they didn’t meet each other while shooting for the TV series. They had met through mutual friends in Los Angeles. They were close friends for three years before starting a relationship in 2012. Interestingly, she had asked him out first but, he turned her down saying that he doesn’t date actresses. However, about a year later, they decided to go out on a date. In December 2014, they got married in a private ceremony. She gave birth to her first child, a son named Ozias, in February 2017. She announced on Twitter on September 2, 2020, that she was pregnant with the duo’s 2nd child and their daughter Thea was born in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Jewish ancestry on her father’s side, whereas, is of English descent on her mother’s side.
34-24-36 in or 86-61-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Erin Watts in the drama thriller TV series, Spooks
- Being cast as Irene Adler in the Benedict Cumberbatch starrer series, Sherlock. This role got her nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actress in a Movie/Miniseries” in 2012.
In 2010, Lara made her film debut in the psychological thriller flick, Legacy.
First TV Show
In 2009, Lara appeared in 8 episodes of the BBC One adventure drama series, Robin Hood.
To physically prepare for her role in Sherlock, she decided to undertake Tabata training for about three weeks. The Tabata workout is a high-intensity training routine that has a huge impact on the aerobic as well as the anaerobic system.
In this workout style, each exercise is done for 4 minutes in a cycle of 20 seconds of working hard followed by 10 seconds of rest. Overall, 8 rounds have to be completed for each exercise.
She backed her workout routine by eating protein and veggie-rich meals every three to four hours.
Lara Pulver Favorite Things
- Fashion Icon – Thandie Newton
- Designers – Maria Grachvogel and Matthew Williamson
- Shoes – Rag & Bone boots
- Books – Amity & Sorrow by Peggy Riley
- Jewelry Brand – Sweetpea
- Drink – Vodka, lime, and soda
Source – Daily Mail
Lara Pulver Facts
- Her first-ever audition was for a local production of the classic drama Annie in one summer while she was a little girl. Her parents were going through a divorce and they wanted to keep her busy.
- While growing up, she was more interested in sports than theater. It was after getting admission to the National Youth Music Theatre that she became very passionate about acting.
- She was signed up for her role in True Blood after show creator Alan Ball saw her performance in the Parade play, which was performed in Los Angeles.
- She played the role of Lucille Frank in the first West End production of the musical Parade at the Donmar Warehouse and this earned her a Laurence Olivier Award nomination in the “Best Actress in a Musical” category in 2008.
- In her free time, she likes to head out hiking with her husband. She also loves to spend time indulging in beach activities such as surfing.
- She was cast as Louise in a revival of the musical Gypsy at the Chichester Festival Theatre in 2014 and this performance won her the Laurence Olivier Award in the “Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Musical” category in 2016.