|Larry Saperstein Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1998|
Larry Saperstein is an American actor, singer, and tap dancer who came into the limelight at a tender age after appearing in the musical The Music Man (2007) as Winthrop Paroo. He went on to star in several other plays including Oliver! (2010) and made his film debut in 2011 with the short movie Finding. Larry gained further popularity by getting featured in numerous other films such as the comedy horror movie P*rno (2019) and by beginning to portray the main role of Big Red in 2019, in the mockumentary musical drama streaming TV series on Disney+ High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, for which he also provided the soundtrack titled Something In The Air (2020).
Laurence Benjamin Saperstein
Islip, Long Island, New York, United States
Larry has been dancing since the age of 6 and he had become a member of the Tap City Youth Ensemble. He has spent many summers at the Usdan Summer Camp for the Arts.
Larry went to Islip High School and was chosen as a 2016 Long Island Scholar Artist. He attended Pace University in New York City, graduating in 2020 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Production and Design for Stage and Screen.
Actor, Singer, Tap dancer
He has been represented by –
- A3 Artists Agency
- Sinclair Management
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
In a June 2021 TikTok video, Larry came out as bisexual.
- Sharp nose
- Thin lips
- Red hair
Larry Saperstein Favorite Things
- Musicals – Into the Woods, Pippin, having been a lover of “old” Broadway
Source – Teenplicity
Larry Saperstein Facts
- Both of his parents have been performers and when Larry was 3 years old, he had acted with his father in a production of the musical Working.
- Larry has enjoyed playing the electric bass and double bass since he was a kid.
- He has pointed out that he has learned a lot in his first big TV role as a series regular in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. During the shooting, the cast was living together in Salt Lake City, and as Larry is from New York, that was a big change for him. He has stated that this was also the first time that he had lived with a role for so long and that it had ended up making Big Red become a part of him. Larry has been delighted to have figured out all the intricacies of who Big Red is and has found that to be the most liberating experience.
- Larry has adored his character Big Red’s trait of loyalty and how he sticks by Ricky through and through. He is the friend who is always there and Larry has disclosed that as a person and as a friend, that has been something that he has personally striven for. Larry has also loved Big Red’s passion to go for it and try out new things while having fun giving it his all. He has admired how non-judgmental he is.
- He has affirmed that he has loved the documentary-style aspect of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series and was thrilled to land the role in it, as he had always craved to be in a docu-style comedy.
Featured Image by Larry Saperstein / Instagram