Laura Elizabeth Carmichael
Tucano, Lady Edith Crawley
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Carmichael studied in various parts of Hampshire, where she was born. She went to Shirley Junior School, The Mountbatten School and Peter Symonds College. She grew up watching famed actress Meryl Streep and as soon as she completed her college, she immediately enrolled into Bristol Old Vic Theatre School to learn acting, and eventually, graduated in 2007.
Laura Carmichael is signed with –
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd
- Untitled Entertainment
- Father – Andrew Carmichael (Software Consultant)
- Mother – Sarah Carmichael (Radiographer)
- Siblings – Amy Carmichael (Older Sister), Olivia Carmichael (Younger Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
She has naturally Dark Brown hair.
- Has slim build and dark brown eyes
- Has dyed her hair red
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
6 (US) or 8 (UK) or 36 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing the role as Lady Edith Crawley in the period drama television series Downton Abbey since 2010.
She played Sal in her debut movie, a Cold War espionage film Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy released in the year 2011.
First TV Show
She first appeared on television in Downton Abbey in 2010, where she portrayed the role as Lady Edith Crawley. It is a British period drama television series.
First West End Debut
Laura appeared in the play Uncle Vanya at the Vaudeville Theatre in October 2012.
She doesn’t have a personal trainer, but she takes care of herself by doing regular workouts. Here is a detailed look at her ideal food day from start to finish which she mentioned during an interview to Style.com –
- Breakfast – Granola
- Lunch – Avocado and Halloumi salad with chili dressing
- Dinner – Curry (Indian food)
Laura Carmichael Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza, pasta, tapas, Indian food (especially Curry)
- Place – Italy, Mexico
- TV Show – With All Due Respect
- Books / Poems – Grand Central Sat Down and Wept (Elizabeth Smart) (1945)
- Music – Fun’s album “Some Nights” and BBC Radio 6
- Apparels – Anything Vintage
- Style Icon – Meryl Streep in Kramer vs Kramer (1979)
- Make-up – Vintage Red lipstick
- Actress – Meryl Streep
Source – Style.com, Dailymail.co.uk
Laura Carmichael Facts
- Carmichael worked as an office receptionist and teaching assistant while auditioning for various acting roles in both films and TV shows.
- She likes to travel to Italy and Mexico.
- She is a social worker and supports various philanthropic activities.
- She became an international sensation after her portrayal of Lady Edith Crawley in the hit TV series Downton Abbey.
- She was about to depart for Dubai to participate in a production of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night but before leaving, she was requested to audition for a role in ITV’s Downton Abbey, a role that changed her fortunes.
- She was part of the cast of Downton Abbey that won “The Screen Actors Guild Award For Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” in the year 2014.
- Her character, Lady Edith Crawley has been described as ugly Edith, obnoxious Edith, unlucky-in-love Edith and poor Edith, during the four seasons of the hit period drama series “Downton Abbey.”
- She likes to cook food. For example – a roast dinner.