|Lee Jong-hyun Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|May 15, 1990
Lee Jong-hyun is a South Korean musician, singer, songwriter, and actor who is best known as the former lead guitarist and vocalist of the rock band CNBLUE. As a solo artist, both of his first 2 studio albums, Sparkling Night (2016) and Metropolis (2018) had peaked at number 7 on the Japanese charts. He has also acted in several TV series and web series such as A Gentleman’s Dignity (2012), One Sunny Day (2014), Orange Marmalade (2015), and That Man Oh Soo (2018). In August 2018, he was enlisted in military service but was discharged in March 2020 due to the global coronavirus outbreak. In 2019, it was reported that he was involved in the infamous Burning Sun scandal with fellow singer Jung Joon-young where the latter had shared hidden camera s*xual footage of himself as Lee engaged in inappropriate conversations that degraded women. The same year, in August, he quit CNBLUE after the social media backlash over indecent messages that he had sent to a YouTuber.
Busan, South Korea
Busan, South Korea
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Lee Nam Gyu
- Siblings – He has 2 older sisters.
Rock, Pop, R&B, Synthpop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Bass Guitar, Harmonica
- FNC Entertainment
- Warner Music Japan
6 ft or 183 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Asian (South Korean)
- Slender frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Charming smile
- Disheveled hair
Lee Jong-hyun Facts
- When he was 4 years old, his family had moved to Japan from Busan. His family later returned to Busan and he completed his elementary and middle schooling there.
- He was a keen athlete during his school days and had won a gold medal in a judo championship in Busan when he was in high school. He later, however, gave up on sports after losing a judo match within seconds. Trying to find a different alternative, he first underwent training in singing and then learned how to play the piano.
- He is a multi-instrumentalist and was inspired to learn how to play the guitar after watching videos of legendary English guitarist Eric Clapton.
- The song Get Away that he had composed, was used as the ending theme song for the Japanese broadcast of the teen drama TV series Gossip Girl.
- For his work in the drama TV series A Gentleman’s Dignity (2012), he won the ‘New Star’ award at the year-end SBS Drama Awards.
- In June 2016, he was accused of insider trading after he purchased his record label FNC Entertainment‘s stocks based on the information that the label was due to sign comedian, host, and television personality Yoo Jae-suk. He was fined for his actions and he apologized stating that he had bought the stocks without verifying the information and that he decided to hold on to the stocks once he realized the possible legal ramifications.
Featured Image by Lee Jong-hyun / Instagram