|Lee Joon-gi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1982|
Lee Joon-gi is a South Korean actor, singer, dancer, and model who has been cast in a variety of on-screen roles such as Gong-gil in The King and the Clown, Kim Min in Virgin Snow, Jun-ho in Never Said Goodbye, Commander Chu in Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Baek Hee Sung/Do Hyun Soo in Flower of Evil, Kim Sung-yeol in The Scholar Who Walks the Night, Kim Hyun-joon in Criminal Minds, and Lee Soo-hyun/Kay in Time Between Dog and Wolf. As a musician, he has released albums and tracks like My Jun, My Style, J Style, Case By Case, Fever, Thank You, and Now.
Busan, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Lee Joon-gi attended the Seoul Arts College on a scholarship and graduated in 2007.
Actor, Singer, Dancer, Model
Lee Joon-gi has been repped by –
- Mentor Entertainment (Former)
- JG Company (Former)
- Namoo Actors, Talent Agency, Seoul, South Korea
Universal Music (TW), Mentor Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee Joon-gi has dated –
- Jeon Hye-bin (2016-2017) – He started going out with actress, singer, and model Jeon Hye-bin in early 2016. However, their romance soon fizzled out and the duo parted ways the following year.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
He has done endorsement work for brands like Everlast Pomegranate.
In addition to that, he has also served as the –
- Honorary Ambassador for the 10th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival
- Honorary PR Ambassador for the exhibition of ‘Immortal painter’-Van Gogh
- Goodwill Ambassador for cultural exchange between Korea and China
- Honorary Tourism Ambassador for the Korea Tourism Organization
- Promotional ambassador of Ritz-Carlton Seoul
- Honorary PR Ambassador for the 2010 Shanghai Expo: Korea Pavilion in Shanghai, China
- Honorary Ambassador for Seoul Hallyu Festival
Lee Joon-gi Facts
- He grew up in Changwon, Gyeongsangnam-do.
- During his younger years, his father signed him up for martial arts lessons to keep him out of trouble.
- Lee Joon-gi continued practicing the art form, mostly to prepare for specific roles. Owing to his knowledge as a martial artist, he rarely uses a stunt double for his roles.
- It was after watching a performance of Hamlet that he first got inclined towards the performing arts as a high school student.
- In contrast to his parent’s wishes, Lee Joon-gi entered university and moved to Seoul to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
- In the year 2001, he debuted as a print and commercial model.
- To serve his mandatory military service, he enlisted in the Republic of Korea Army on May 3, 2010.
- Lee Joon-gi co-starred with fellow actor Ju Ji-hoon in the military musical, Voyage of Life, to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Korean War in August 2010.
- After serving 21 months of active duty, he was discharged from the Defense Media Agency at Yongsan-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul on February 16, 2012.
- He held a fan meeting, “Reunion JG”, at Sangmyung Art Center, Seoul the day he was discharged.
- Lee Joon-gi is regarded as the ultimate Kkonminam (pretty boy/flower boy) of Asia.
- Before making it big as an artist, he did various jobs like waiting tables.
- One of Lee Joon-gi’s hobbies includes learning and practicing different types of martial arts.
- He is recognized as one of the country’s top action stars in the entertainment industry due to his command over taekwondo and several other forms of martial arts.
- He can speak Korean, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, and English.
- For his performance in King and the Clown, he received several accolades including the 27th Blue Dragon Film Award, 43rd Grand Bell Award, 5th Korean Film Award, 14th Chunsa Film Art Award, and 42nd Baeksang Arts Award.
Featured Image by Lee Joon-gi / Instagram