|Lee Seung-gi Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lee Seung-gi is a South Korean singer, actor, and TV host who is widely regarded as one of the most popular and commercially successful Hallyu stars in South Korea. He has released the studio albums The Dream of a Moth (2004), Crazy For U (2006), Story of Separation (2007), Shadow (2009), Tonight (2011), And… (2015), and The Project (2020), all (except the first) of which have peaked within the ‘Top 10’ of the South Korean music charts. These include several chartbuster singles such as Because You’re My Woman,
Will You Marry Me, and Return. Besides his stellar singing career, he has had a prolific acting run as well, playing Hwang Tae-ja in the drama TV series The Infamous Chil Sisters (2006), Sun-woo Hwan in the drama TV series Brilliant Legacy (2009), Cha Dae-woong in the romantic comedy-drama TV series My Girlfriend Is a Nine-Tailed Fox (2010), and Son Oh-gong in the fantasy drama TV series A Korean Odyssey (2017–2018). In addition to his work in TV series; his hosting of numerous talk/variety shows and his appearances in several films and music videos, have earned him the title of ‘Triple Treat’. His uncontroversial image has also earned him the moniker of ‘Nation’s umchina (little brother)’.
Ballad Prince, Triple Treat, Nation’s Umchina
Banghak-dong, Dobong-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Lee, after his high school graduation, had joined the Dongguk University, a private, Buddhism-based university in Seoul. He had graduated from there in 2009 with a degree in international trade and commerce and a ‘Special Achievement’ award.
He had then earned 2 master’s degrees – Marketing and Trade Theory; Finance and Cultural Contents – from the Dongguk Graduate School.
Singer, Actor, TV Host
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
He is represented by Hook Entertainment Co., Ltd., Record Label and Talent Management Agency, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea.
K-Pop, Pop Rock, Ballad
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- Hook Entertainment
- Universal Music
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee has dated –
- Im Yoon-ah (2013-2015)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
- Lanky frame
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Lee Seung-gi Facts
- Lee, in 2010, had recorded a duet version, with South Korean figure skater Kim Yuna, of his own 2007 song titled Smile Boy. Later that year, the track had been selected as the official song for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Korea.
- He has been featured several times in the Forbes Korea Power Celebrity list, an annual catalog of the 40 most powerful celebrities in South Korea. He was placed 7th in 2010, 4th in 2011, and 6th in both 2012 and 2015.
- He had started his military service, mandatory for male citizens in South Korea between the ages of 18 and 28, in February 2016 and his stint had ended in October 2017. Just before his deployment, he had published a song titled I Am Going to the Military as a farewell gift for his fans.
- In October 2012, he was appointed as the ‘Honorary Online Ambassador’ by the National Election Commission of South Korea, to promote a fair presidential election.
Featured Image by Lee Seung-gi / Instagram