|Leisha Hailey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Leisha Hailey is an American actress, singer, producer, musician, and record label owner. As an actress, she is best known for her role as Alice Pieszecki in the TV series The L Word between 2004 and 2009, and The L Word: Generation Q starting in 2019. As a musician, Leisha is known as one half of the pop duo The Murmurs, later Gush (1991-2004) and as part of the band Uh Huh Her, starting in July 2007.
USCAR, Ryukyu Islands, Japan (later Okinawa, Japan)
- Marfa, Texas, United States
- Austin, Texas, United States
Leisha attended Bellevue West High School in Bellevue, Nebraska, United States.
At the age of 17, she moved to New York City, New York, United States to attend the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
Actress, Singer, Musician, Producer, Record Label Owner
- Father – Robert Hailey
- Siblings – Kaydra Hailey (Older Sister) (Hair Stylist)
- Others – She has a niece.
Leisha Hailey is represented by The Gersh Agency (Talent Agent Personal Appearance, Conventions) in Beverly Hills, California, United States, and New York City, New York, United States.
Pop, Electropop, Folk Pop, Alternative Pop, Indie Pop, Indie Rock, New Wave, Synthpop, Indietronica
Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Keyboard
- Marfa Records
- Plaid Records
- MCA Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Leisha Hailey has dated –
- Heather Grody
- Kim Dickens (1991-1995, 2017-Present)
- Kathryn “k.d. lang” Dawn Lang (1996-2001)
- Nina Garduno (2004-2010)
- Camila Grey (2011-2016)
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde,’ ‘Black,’ ‘Dark Brown,’ and ‘Pink’ in the past.
- Thin lips
- Dimpled smile
Leisha Hailey has appeared in the TV commercials for Yoplait yogurt and BMW.
She has endorsed brands such as Garza Marfa.
She was also a spokesperson for Olivia Cruises, a company that sells cruises and vacations mainly to lesbian customers.
Leisha Hailey Favorite Things
- Album – Let It Be (1984) by The Replacements
Source – IMDb
Leisha Hailey Facts
- She was born to American parents and grew up in Bellevue, Nebraska, United States.
- Leisha came out as a lesbian in 1988. The character she played between 2004 and 2009 in TV series The L Word was initially bisexual but primarily dated women in its last season.
- In 2001, one of her friends randomly met a woman who was Leisha’s doppelgänger. She couldn’t get over the similarity and had to drive Leisha so they can meet and take a picture together.
- While filming The L Word, she was roommates with her co-stars Katherine Moennig, who played Shane McCutcheon, and Mia Kirshner, who played Jenny Schecter.
- She founded a record label, Marfa Records in 2005.
- Leisha co-wrote Shakira‘s song Don’t Bother, which was included on Shakira’s album Oral Fixation Vol. 2 (2005).
- Leisha took the title of the sexiest woman in a 2007 “Hot 100” list composed by AfterEllen.com.
- In 2015, she had a small but notable role in one of the longest-running TV series, Supernatural. She played the wife of Jimmy Novak, played by Misha Collins, and starred alongside Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Katie Cassidy, Lauren Cohan, and Alexander Calvert.
- People that inspire her include Sarah Silverman, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tina Fey, Axl Rose, John Lennon, Jim Henson, David Hockney, and Elizabeth Peyton.
- Leisha has amassed a fanbase of more than 400k followers on Instagram.
- She had a dog named Zoo whose death truly upset her. She later adopted a dog named Banjo.
- Leisha would not describe herself as a fashionista. Her daily outfit usually consists of a vintage t-shirt and high waisted Wranglers. If she’s feeling “girly”, she usually wears dresses by designers Doên and Ulla Johnson.
- To pursue her passion for painting and creating, she transformed her garage into a welding and woodworking shop, and her spare bedroom into a painting studio.
Featured Image by Leisha Hailey / Instagram