|Lewis Hilsenteger Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1985|
Lewis Hilsenteger is a prominently known Canadian YouTuber, filmmaker, and tech reviewer who is best known as the guru of tech unboxing and reviewing. Along with the everyday tech, Lewis also often brings some never before seen exquisite gadgets and technology to the table of his videos that he uploads to Unbox Therapy.
Lewis George Hilsenteger
Lew, Unbox Therapy
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Lewis studied Digital Arts Photography and Video Editing at the Toronto School of Art.
Filmmaker, Tech Reviewer, Producer, Comedian, Podcaster, YouTuber, Social Media Personality
- Siblings – He has a brother.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Though there is not much known about Lewis’s personal life, he is married and has a son.
Race / Ethnicity
- He sports a thick salt and pepper colored beard and clean shaved head.
- Lewis mostly wears a cap and glasses when in public.
He has promoted or endorsed various brands including Ford, Apple, Microsoft, and Dollar Shave Club.
Lewis Hilsenteger Facts
- He was raised in Toronto.
- In the past, he used to run an Apple repair store near Ryerson University.
- He co-founded the unboxing YouTube channel Unbox Therapy on December 21, 2010, along with his friend Jack McCann who controls most of what happens behind the camera.
- The idea of creating an unboxing channel came to him when he realized that he really loved watching unboxing videos. By the year, 2020, he had been getting millions of views per video setting an average viewership of 3.7 million.
- One of the earliest videos on his YouTube channel is titled “Apogee One Audio Interface Unboxing, Overview & Test” which was uploaded to it on December 28, 2010.
- Lewis was listed on Forbes‘s Top Influencers – Technology / Business 2017 list.
- A few of the most popular videos on his YouTube channel are iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test with more than 72 million views, This Smartphone Changes Everything… with more than 21 million views, and This Cup Is Unspillable – What Magic Is This? with more than 19 million views.
- He also runs to side channels titled Lew Later which was created in October 2015 and LaterClips which was created in April 2019, both of which have an excess of 300k subscribers.
- In 2018, Lewis won the Diamond Creator Award and in 2019, he was nominated for a Streamy Award for “Best in Technology”.
- He is followed by legendary Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan on Twitter.
- In March 2020, he had combined a total of more than 20 million subscribers on all 3 of his YouTube channels.
- Unbox Therapy had more than 16.6 million subscribers in May 2020.
Featured Image By Unbox Therapy / Instagram