|Lisa De Vanna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1984|
Lisa De Vanna is an Australian professional soccer player who is widely regarded as one of the greatest forwards of her era. She has represented numerous clubs across the world during her illustrious career, such as Adelaide Sensation, Western Waves, Perth Glory, Brisbane Roar, Newcastle Jets, Sky Blue FC, Melbourne Victory, Melbourne City, North Shore Mariners, Canberra United, South Melbourne, and Sydney FC (Australia), Doncaster Rovers Belles (England), AIK and Linköping FC (Sweden), Washington Freedom, magicJack, Boston Breakers, Washington Spirit, and Orlando Pride (United States), and Fiorentina (Italy). She has won the W-League Championship with Brisbane Roar (2010–11), Melbourne Victory (2013–14), Melbourne City (2015–16), and Sydney FC (2018–19). With Melbourne City, she had also clinched the W-League Premiership in the 2015–16 season. Representing Australia, she has won the OFC U-20 Women’s Championship (2002), the AFC Women’s Asia Cup (2010), the AFC Olympic Qualifying Tournament (2016), the 2017 Tournament of Nations, and the 2019 Cup of Nations. She was named the ‘FFA Female Footballer of the Year’ in 2013. In a managerial capacity, she was appointed as a ‘Technical Assistant’ for the FFV (Football Federation Victoria) National Training Centre in September 2018.
Lisa Marie De Vanna
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Lisa had attended the John Curtin College of the Arts in Fremantle, Perth.
Professional Soccer Player
- Mother – Connie De Vanna
- Siblings – Dom De Vanna (Older Brother) (Soccer Player), Sophia De Vanna (Younger Sister) (Soccer Player)
- 11 – Australia, Perth Glory, Newcastle Jets, Sky Blue FC, Melbourne Victory, Melbourne City, Sydney FC
- 12 – Washington Freedom
- 19 – Brisbane Roar
- 24 – Washington Spirit
- 10 – Orlando Pride
- 32 – Canberra United
- 17, 25 – Fiorentina
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Portuguese descent on her mother’s side and Italian descent on her father’s side.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
Lisa De Vanna Favorite Things
- Pre-match Meal – Pasta
- Food – Chicken Kiev
- Soccer Team – FC Barcelona
- Movie – The Notebook (2004)
- Music Bands – Metallica, Guns N’ Roses
- Music Genre – Rock
Source – Physio Health
Lisa De Vanna Facts
- For her performance in the 2002–03 season, Lisa had won both the Women’s National Soccer League ‘Golden Boot’ award as well as the ‘Julie Dolan Medal’. The latter is an annual award presented to the best player in the league.
- She has often stated in interviews that the 2007 FIFA Women’s World Cup was the most glorious moment in her international career. She had scored 4 goals in the tournament including one in the team’s fighting 2-3 quarter-final defeat against Brazil. This was the first time in history that Australia had made it out of the group stage of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- She had dedicated each of those 4 goals to her father who had passed away just 3 months before the tournament had begun.
- She was named in the ‘FIFA Women’s World Cup All-Star Team’ in both 2007 and 2015.
- Having started her senior international career in 2004, she had represented Australia in
150 matches and scored 47 goals, as of July 2020. The latter was a national record at that time.
Featured Image by Lisa De Vanna / Instagram