|Lisa Riley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1976|
Lisa Riley is a British actress, comedian, and television presenter who is best known for portraying roles like Mandy Dingle in Emmerdale, Rebecca Patterson in Fat Friends, Lorna Bowen in Three Girls, and Tina Reegan in Age Before Beauty. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Inspector George Gently, Scott & Bailey, Holby City, Doctors, The Afternoon Play, Aladdin, Coronation Street, Butterfly Kiss, Six Bend Trap, and many more. As a television presenter, she has worked on shows like You’ve Been Framed!, Strictly Come Dancing, and Lisa Riley’s Baggy Body Club. Her theatre credits include plays like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. For her acting skills, Lisa has been honored with numerous awards such as the National Television Award.
Lisa Jane Riley
Bury, Greater Manchester, England
She lives in Bury, Lancashire (aka Greater Manchester), England
At the age of 9, Lisa Riley got enrolled at the Oldham Theatre Workshop to hone her acting and stage skills.
Actress and presenter
- Father – Terry Riley
- Mother – Cath Riley (Died in July 2012 due to breast cancer)
- Siblings – Liam (Brother)
- Others – Sam Riley (Paternal Grandfather) (Died in September 2017)
Lisa is represented by London-based Qtalent Ltd.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lisa Riley has dated –
- Darren – At the start of the 20th century, Lisa was in a relationship with her flatmate. After having got drunk one night, they had consummated their relationship. However, their relationship started unraveling after she found out that he was gay. He even got a boyfriend of his own, which made their relationship even more volatile.
- Lee Cooper – Lisa Riley had dated Lee Cooper, who worked as a waiter and at an elderly care home in the past. Cooper accompanied her to several soap awards and nightclubs while they were together. She was so happy with their relationship that she even told tabloids about their bedroom activities. However, their ten-month long relationship came to an end after he was found guilty of fraud and of having stolen money from the elderly.
- Nick Holly – Lisa was reported to be having an affair with actor and set painter, Nick Holly. Their affair created quite a scandal as Nick was a married man. They had met in Swansea at the 2002 Christmas Eve. He had told her that he was married but had claimed that he wasn’t happy with his marriage. After defiantly dating for some months, their affair came to an end after Nick decided to return to his estranged wife. He ended their relationship on Valentine’s day when they had gone on to see My Fair Lady at the West End Theater.
- In her interview with The Sun in May 2017, she revealed that she had been in a relationship with an unidentified man for three years. However, she declined to reveal the identity of her boyfriend as it was the only private thing she had in her life due to her show business career.
Race / Ethnicity
Round figure and face
37-30-38.5 in or 94-76-98 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
Lisa appeared in a TV commercial for Heineken Beer in 2001.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Mandy Dingle on the British TV soap opera Emmerdale from 1995-2001.
- Presenting the British television series You’ve Been Framed! from 1998-2003. She succeeded Jeremy Beadle who hosted the show for 7 years prior to her.
- Having served as a panelist on the ITV panel show, Loose Women.
- Having appeared on the dance reality show, Strictly Come Dancing in 2012. She had partnered with Robin Windsor and was eliminated in the semi-final stage of the competition.
In 1995, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama, Butterfly Kiss as Danielle.
First TV Show
In 1995, Lisa appeared as the character of Mandy Dingle on the TV soap opera Emmerdale.
Having lost her mother to cancer and seeing her father battle with diabetes, Lisa realized that it was time to change her lifestyle. And, the changes she made helped her lose approximately 10 stone. Also, she managed to shrink from a dress size 30 to 12 over the span of a year.
When it came to her workout regime, she was going for 40 minutes walk after waking up at 6 am every day. Also, at the night, she was squeezing in Zumba workout sessions along with yoga. She also made important changes to her daily chores to maximize her weight loss. For example, she started taking the stairs instead of using an elevator.
She also made changes to her eating habits but did not go for any special diets. For starters, she completely gave up drinking alcohol. Lisa slashed the number of carbs she was consuming on a daily basis. She also made sure that she was having all her meals before 6:30 pm. Plus, she was having a nutritious veggie and fruits smoothie almost every day.
Lisa Riley Favorite Things
- Makeup Product – Mascara
- Travel Destination – Bali
Source – Express
Lisa Riley Facts
- While growing up, she aspired to become a ballerina and started taking ballet lessons at the age of 4.
- At the age of 12, she was spotted by a talent scout while performing at the Oldham Theatre Workshop.
- In 2017, she had to get surgeries done to take care of the loose skin and severe stretch marks, which were a by-product of her stunning weight loss.
- The Kings Have Long Arms included a track titled Lisa Riley in their studio album, I Rock Eye Pop.
- She identifies herself as a dedicated vegetarian.
- She has done activism work for a number of charities and foundations to raise awareness about cancer.
- She is a supporter of the Labour Party.
- Lisa won the National Television Awards’ Most Popular Newcomer in 1996 for her role on the show Emmerdale.
Featured Image by Lisa Riley / Instagram