|Loena Hendrickx Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1999|
Loena Hendrickx is a Belgian professional figure skater who had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the CS (Challenger Series) Budapest Trophy in 2020 and the International Challenge Cup (2017, 2021). She had clinched the ‘Silver’ medal at the International Cup of Nice (2016), the NRW Trophy (2016), and the Santa Claus Cup (2017). Loena had also stood 3rd at the CS Nebelhorn Trophy in 2018. She has secured ‘Top 10’ finishes at the World Figure Skating Championships (9th in 2018 and 5th in 2021); and the European Figure Skating Championships (7th in 2017 and 5th in 2018). She had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the Belgian Figure Skating Championships, in the senior tier, for 3 seasons in a row (2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19). At the junior tier, she had won the ‘Gold’ Medal at the Belgian Figure Skating Championships in successive seasons (2013–14, 2014–15); and the ‘Bronze’ medal at the Coupe du Printemps and the International Challenge Cup, both in 2015.
Turnhout, Antwerp, Belgium
Arendonk, Antwerp, Belgium
Loena is a high school graduate. At the age of 13, to accommodate her figure skating training, she had switched to a sports-friendly school. After her high school graduation, in parallel with her figure skating career, she had joined a university, majoring in childcare.
Professional Figure Skater
- Siblings – Jorik Hendrickx (Older Brother) (Former Professional Figure Skater)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Loena has dated –
- Senne Goris
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Belgian descent.
- Toned physique
- Long, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Charming smile
Loena has been sponsored by –
- Chique Sport (Figure Skating Clothing Manufacturer)
- John Wilson (Figure Skating Blades Manufacturer)
- Edea (Figure Skating Equipment Manufacturer)
- NowOnline (Website and Web Applications Builder)
- Alant (Consultancy Service)
- Zakenkantoor Van den Eynden BV (Financial Services Company)
- ADRIE (Tax Advisory Firm)
- Synchro Photo (Synchronized Skating Photography Group)
Loena Hendrickx Facts
- Her first name is pronounced as LOOH-nah.
- She and her older brother Jorik used to train at an ice rink in their hometown of Turnhout. However, after the facility was shut down, the duo was forced to train at a temporary rink for quite a while.
- She was forced to miss the 2nd half of the 2015–16 season, her last at the junior tier, due to a spinal fracture. The injury had sidelined her for more than 6 months. The following season, 2016–17, she began competing in senior events even though she was still age-eligible to compete on the junior tier.
- Her 15th place finish overall at the 2017 World Figure Skating Championships in Helsinki had helped Belgium qualify for the ladies’ event at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. After the performance, she had received some financial reimbursement from the figure skating federation in Belgium for the first time. Until then, she had financed her career entirely on her own.
- At the 2018 Winter Olympics, she and Jorik were the only siblings participating in the singles skating events. This was the longest distance she had ever traveled for a competition and the first time that her mother had attended a major international event to watch her perform.
Featured Image by Loena Hendrickx / Instagram