|Lorcan Tucker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1996|
Lorcan Tucker is an Irish professional cricketer who has represented his country in the shorter formats of the sport (ODIs and T20Is), as a wicketkeeper and middle-order batter. In the Irish domestic circuit, he has played for Leinster Lightning (2015–Present) across all 3 formats.
Lorcan John Tucker
Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Father – Barry Tucker
- Others – Ernest Tucker (Grandfather)
Wicketkeeper, Middle-Order Batter
3 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Leinster Lightning (Irish Domestic Cricket)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a rugged stubble
Lorcan Tucker Facts
- Lorcan was an integral member of Ireland’s squad at the 2016 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup. The campaign was disastrous for Ireland as the team lost all 3 of their group matches and was relegated to the ‘Plate League’ where they eventually finished a disappointing 13th overall out of 16 teams.
- Although he made his senior international debut for Ireland in September 2016, opportunities to cement a regular place in the squad were few and far between. His fortunes began to turn around in January 2019 when he was named to Ireland’s T20I squad for a quadrangular series in Oman.
- Around the same time, he was also named in Ireland’s Test, ODI, and T20I squads for their bilateral series against Afghanistan that was to be held in India. However, he could not break into the ‘Playing XI’ on that tour.
- In April 2019, he was named to Ireland’s ODI squad for the one-off match against England as well as a tri-series that was to be held in Ireland. He eventually made his much-awaited ODI debut in May 2019, against England.
- In April 2019, he was one of just 5 cricketers who were awarded an ‘Emerging Player Contract’ by Cricket Ireland (officially known as the Irish Cricket Union, the national governing body for cricket on the island of Ireland (both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland) that oversees the national men’s and women’s cricket teams), ahead of the 2019 domestic season.
- In July 2019, he was included in Ireland’s test match squad for their one-off encounter against England. However, he could not break into the ‘Playing XI’ for that match.
- In July 2019, Lorcan had been selected to represent the Dublin Chiefs in the inaugural edition of the Euro T20 Slam (a professional T20 cricket league that aimed to involve 6 city-based franchise teams – 2 each from Ireland, Scotland, and the Netherlands). However, about a month later, the tournament was canceled.
- In September 2019, he was included in Ireland’s squad for the 2019 ICC World T20 Qualifier tournament. Ireland finished 3rd overall in that tournament and qualified for the 2021 edition of the ICC World T20. He made it to the Irish squad for that tournament as well.
- In January 2020, he was one of the 19 male players who were awarded a central contract by Cricket Ireland. This was the first year in which all contracts were awarded on a full-time basis to Irish professional cricketers.
Featured Image by Lorcan Tucker / Instagram