|Kim So-eun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim So-eun is a South Korean actor, model, and athlete who gained popularity with her role as Chu Ga-eul in the romantic comedy-drama television series Boys Over Flowers in 2009. In addition to that, she has also been a part of many other shows and movies which include Sisters of the Sea, The Scholar Who Walks the Night, Happy Ending, Happiness in the Wind, Our Gap-soon, The Show Must Go On, Monthly Magazine Home, Empress Cheonchu, Horse Doctor, Liar Game, He Who Can’t Marry, Sad Love Story, Are We In Love?, Someone Behind You, Mourning Grave, Falling for Challenge, Battle Trip, Love Is Annoying, but I Hate Being Lonely!, After School: Lucky or Not, Wednesday Food Talk, and Fly, Daddy, Fly. Moreover, Kim So-eun has served as the goodwill ambassador for the 2009 Korea International Youth Film Festival, the 2009 University Fashion Week, the 2011 Jeonju International Film Festival, the Golden Cinema Festival in 2013 and 2014, and the 2014 Green Film Festival.
Namyangju, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Kim So-eun attended Chung-Ang University and studied Theatre.
Actor, Model, Athlete
Kim So-eun has been signed with –
- Will Entertainment
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kim So-eun is of South Korean descent.
- Gorgeous hair
- Pierced ears
Kim So-eun Facts
- Growing up, she trained professionally as a national athletic skier but her athletic pursuits were put on hold after she was scouted as a professional model in a 2003 junior advanced skiing and snowboarding competition in Pyeongchang, Gangwon-do.
- In 2009, Kim So-eun played the character named Chu Ga-eul, Jan-di’s best friend who later develops romantic feelings towards So Yi-Jung, in Boys Over Flowers and this role got her nominated for the Mnet 20’s Choice Award for “Hot New Star” while she won the KBS Drama Award for “Best New Actress”.
- Her role as Jeong Yoo-jin, Jae-hee’s next-door neighbor who has a dog named Sangu, in the television series He Who Can’t Marry won her the KBS Drama Award for “Best New Actress” in 2009.
- Kim So-eun appeared in 2012 instructional videos for Hongcheon’s Vivaldi ski resort.
- In 2014, she co-starred as Jung Se-hee (Ghost girl) in the mystery horror film Mourning Grave.
- She has also appeared in the music videos for songs like Let’s Separate by Yoon Gun, Goodbye My Love by 8Eight, Bodyguard by SHINee, and Bye Bye Bye by Monday Kiz.
- Kim So-eun has been an advocate of art films, youth activism, and eco-living.
- She has been featured in magazines and editorials like Allure Korea, High Cut, Vogue Korea, InStyle Korea, Elle Girl Korea, Harper’s Bazaar, CeCi, L’Officiel, Esquire Korea, and Nylon Korea.
Featured Image by ACROFAN / acrofan.com / CC BY-SA 3.0