|Jackie Earle Haley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1961|
Jackie Earle Haley is an American actor who is known to play the role of Moocher in the 1979 American coming of age comedy-drama film Breaking Away. He has appeared as Kelly Leak in the American sports comedy film series, The Bad News Bears (1976), The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training (1977) and The Bad News Bears Go to Japan (1978). Haley gained immense recognition by his roles as Rorschach in the 2009 American neo-noir superhero film Watchmen and Freddy Krueger in the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010).
Jack Earle Haley
Northridge, California, United States
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Jackie Earle Haley attended Canoga Park High School in Canoga Park, California, United States.
- Father – Haven Earle Haley (Radio disc jockey, Actor)
- Others – Ival/Ivel Brown/Dell Douglas (Maternal Grandfather), Rosalea/Rosa/Rose Lee Blevins (Maternal Grandmother)
Jackie Earle Haley is represented by Leslie Allan-Rice Management.
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jackie Earle Haley has dated –
- Sherry Vaughan – Jackie Earle Haley married Sherry Vaughan in 1979, but the duo got separated.
- Jennifer Hargrave – Jackie Earle Haley tied the knot with actress Jennifer Hargrave in 1985. Their marriage produced 2 children, a son, Christopher (b. 1986), and a daughter, Olivia (b. 1998). Both Jennifer and Jackie parted their ways.
- Amelia Cruz (2004-Present) – Amelia Cruz and Jackie Haley got married in 2004.
Race / Ethnicity
Jackie has English and Scottish roots.
- Thick Eyebrows
- Sharp Jawline
- Usually wears blue-tinted glasses
Best Known For
- Playing Moocher in the 1979 American coming of age comedy-drama film Breaking Away
- Enacting Kelly Leak in the American sports comedy film series, The Bad News Bears (1976), The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training (1977) and The Bad News Bears Go to Japan (1978)
- Playing the role of Roderick “Sugar Boy” Ellis in the 2006 American political drama film All the King’s Men
Jackie Earle Haley made his theatrical film debut as Eric in the 1972 French thriller, titled Un homme est mort (The Outside Man).
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as Rusty on The Partridge Family in 1973.
As a voice actor, Jackie Earle Haley’s TV show debut was in 1972, on the show Wait Till Your Father Gets Home as Jamie Boyle.
To prepare his role in the movie Watchmen (2009), Jackie Earle Haley started to workout in 2007. He did weight training exercises to gain weight. Haley did training with his friend and trainer Jason Clay alongside the karate crew.
Jackie Earle Haley Facts
- He was brought up in Northridge, California, United States.
- Jackie started his professional acting career in 1972.
- He is a good friend of the actor, Johnny Depp.
- Earle likes to mimic Mae West and James Cagney.
- He is the owner of a production company, JEH Productions, Inc. in San Antonio, Texas where he served as a Television producer/director in 2007.
- In 2005, he got the 87th place on VH1’s “The Greatest: 100 Greatest Kid Stars” list.
- Haley has starred alongside Kate Winslet in the film, Little Children (2006) and All the King’s Men (2006).
- He is a black belt holder in Kempo and Tae Kwon Do.
- In October 2001, Earle began working as an executive vice president for Shootz Production Group in San Antonio, Texas.
Featured Image by Jackie Earle Haley / Twitter