|Nam Tae-hyun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nam Tae-hyun is a South Korean singer, songwriter, music producer, and actor who started his career as the main vocalist of a South Korean boy band called Winner. He also used to compose and produce music for the group. In October 2016, he underwent treatment for mental health issues. About a month later, it was announced that Nam had withdrawn from the group and terminated his contract with his management agency. He then posted a handwritten letter on Instagram apologizing for his decision, expressing his gratitude to fans, and vowing to make a comeback. In March 2017, he founded a record label called South Buyers Club which was later renamed The South. Under this label, he debuted a band called South Club for which Nam was to be the leader, main vocalist, guitarist, and main composer. In November 2019, he announced that the label was shut down and the band had signed up with a new management company. Besides his music career, he has acted in a few TV series and participated in multiple reality TV shows.
Hanam-si, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer, Actor
- Siblings – Nam Donghyun (Younger Brother)
Alternative Rock, Blues, Deep House, K-Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums
- YG Entertainment
- South Buyers Club
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nam has dated –
- Jang Jae-in (2019)
- Seo Min-jae
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
- Lanky frame
- Center-parted, overgrown hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Has multiple tattoos on both his hands
Nam Tae-hyun Facts
- Before he gained fame as the main vocalist of Winner, a South Korean boy band, Nam used to work as a backup dancer. His breakthrough arrived in 2013 when he participated in a competitive reality TV program called Win: Who Is Next.
- He even co-composed and co-wrote a couple of songs that were used on the show. Winner was formed as a consequence of this show and Nam became its frontman.
- He has been quite vocal about his struggles with bipolar disorder (a mental disorder characterized by periods of depression and periods of abnormally elevated mood that each last from days to weeks). Nam once mentioned that his worst phase of struggle with this condition was in late 2016 when he had withdrawn from Winner.
- In October 2019, after the suicide of fellow K-Pop idol and actress Sulli, he took to social media and railed against cyberbullying, widely believed to be the reason behind Sulli’s suicide. He also spoke at length about malicious comments by netizens, recollecting that he had once attempted suicide because of online harassment.
- In March 2023, Nam was booked by local police for driving under the influence of alcohol. It was alleged that he had parked his car while intoxicated and opened its door which damaged a mirror of a taxi that was passing by. It was also alleged that he started his car after this and continued to drive even after the accident had taken place.
Featured Image by Nam Tae-hyun / Instagram