|Luis Alberto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1992|
Luis Alberto‘s talent has never been in question. When he dazzled in the Segunda División B at the age of 20 with 15 goals in the season, he was earmarked as the next silky and supremely talented playmaker to emerge from Spain. When Liverpool signed him up, they assumed that they had brought another yet to be polished gem to the club just like they had with Coutinho just 6 months earlier. However, Alberto’s career trajectory at Liverpool was completely different from that of Coutinho’s. However, he eventually managed to find his feet at Lazio and excelled under Simone Inzaghi’s tutelage.
Luis Alberto Romero Alconchel
San José del Valle, Spain
Luis Alberto started his soccer journey with the youth academy of the Spanish club, Sevilla.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Loli Alconchel
- Siblings – Unknown
Luis Alberto is represented by Alvaro Torres.
Attacking Midfielder, Winger
26, 36 – Sevilla FC
6 – Liverpool FC
22 – Malaga CF
21 – Deportivo de La Coruña
18, 10 – SSC Lazio
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Luis Alberto has dated
- Patricia Venegas (2010-Present) – In June 2014, Alberto got married to his longtime girlfriend, Patricia Venegas. They had started going out towards the end of 2010. In 2015, she gave birth to their daughter, Martina. In March 2018, Patricia gave birth to their son Lucas.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
He has been seen with ‘platinum blonde’ highlighted locks.
Mole on the left cheek
He is a devout Christian and sometimes, he celebrates his goals by pointing towards the heavens.
Luis Alberto has signed a personal endorsement deal with Adidas. As per the terms of the deal, he is required to wear Adidas shoes for his professional matches.
Best Known For
His great performances for the Serie A side Lazio. He was particularly in a great form in the 2017-2018 season. He managed to score 11 goals in his 34 appearances in the league as his side narrowly missed out on a Champions League spot.
First Soccer Match
In April 2011, he made his professional soccer debut with his childhood club, Sevilla, in a La Liga match against Getafe CF. He replaced Rodri in the second half of their 0-1 away defeat.
In September 2013, he made his league debut for Liverpool in a home match against fierce rivals Manchester United. He was sent in for Philippe Coutinho late in the second half.
In September 2016, Alberto made his first competitive appearance for Lazio in a Serie A away match against AC Milan. He played for only 13 minutes in his side’s 2-0 defeat.
In November 2017, he made his first international appearance for the Spain national team in a friendly match against Costa Rica. His side managed to thump South American side by 5-0.
- Uses space well
- Creates space for his fellow attackers
- Through balls
- Ability to link midfield and attack
- Lack of speed
- Lack of strength
Luis Alberto Facts
- In his second season with Sevilla’s B team in the Segunda División B, he put scouts from leading Spanish sides on notice by scoring 15 goals.
- In August 2012, he was sent on a year-long loan to FC Barcelona B. He finished the season with 11 goals, putting him in the second spot behind the team top scorer Gerard Deulofeu. The Catalan club had an option to convert his loan deal into permanent one but they decided against it.
- In June 2013, Sevilla accepted £6.8 million offer from English giants, Liverpool. He joined the club two days after the acceptance of the deal.
- Although he delivered stunning performances for Liverpool’s Under-21 team, he couldn’t secure the senior squad. His only notable contribution for the senior team in his debut season was the assist he provided for Luis Suarez‘s goal in the 5-0 humiliation of Tottenham Hotspur.
- In June 2014, he was sent by Liverpool on a season-long loan to Malaga. He made an instant mark by scoring the only goal in his side’s 1-0 victory over Athletic Bilbao. However, his performances tailed off as the season progressed.
- In June 2015, he secured another season loan as he moved to Deportivo de La Coruña. This loan move helped him find his lost touch and show off his skills as an attacking midfielder.
- Lazio decided to take a punt on Alberto and paid Liverpool €4 million in August 2016 to sign him.
- In his first season at Lazio, he struggled and it seemed that he had once again lost his touch. However, in the second season, Simone Inzaghi played him in traditional Italian role of the trequartista and he excelled.
- He finished his second season at Lazio with 12 goals in all competitions. He also recorded 19 assists. He also helped Ciro Immobile finish with 41 goals in all competitions, which made him the third most prolific scorer in all top European leagues.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Luis Alberto / Instagram