|Vidya Vox Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1997|
Vidya Vox is an Indian musician, actor, YouTuber, vlogger, dancer, and social media personality who was 8 years old when she immigrated with her family to the United States. She has released many albums like Kuthu Fire, Thalaivi, Diamonds, and Mad Dreams.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Los Angeles, California, United States
After completing her school education, Vidya Vox got enrolled at George Washington University to study pre-medicine and psychology. However, she dropped out of the university in 2012 to focus on music.
Musician, Actor, YouTuber, Vlogger, Dancer, Social Media Personality
- Siblings – Vandana Iyer (Sister)
Vidya Vox has been represented by Pushpa Iyer.
Bollywood, Indian classical music, Carnatic music, western pop
She has released most of her work independently.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vidya Vox has dated –
- Shankar Tucker – Vidya Vox is reported to be in a relationship with musician Shankar Tucker. She had first met Tucker in college. It is claimed that their professional association, which resulted from Tucker roping her for his musical projects, eventually blossomed into a romantic relationship. Neither of them has publicly confirmed that they are in a relationship, but their pictures together that are often posted on her official account certainly show that they are more than good friends.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Tamil ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, she has often experimented with various hair colors including blue hues.
- High cheekbones
- Nose piercing (septum piercing)
- Broad and cute smile
Best Known For
- The popularity of her covers and mashups that she often posts on her YouTube account. Her mash-up of Closer / Kabira and Lean On / Jind Mahi went on to garner tens of millions of views. She has over 4.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
- Her popularity across various social media platforms. She has 1 million followers on Facebook and over 800k followers on Instagram.
As a Singer
She started her music career by creating a mash-up of English and Bollywood songs.
She has also released her EP Kuthu Fire. The music project was produced by Shankar Tucker. He also served as a co-writer with her.
First TV Show
In 2016, Vidya Vox made her first TV show appearance in the musical comedy show, Millennials: The Musical.
Vidya Vox Favorite Things
- Music Artists – Beyoncé, Aretha Franklin, Sia, Hans Zimmer, James Brown, Shankar Mahadevan, A. R. Rahman, Rashid Khan, Ranjani & Gayatri, Shankar Tucker, Kaushiki Chakraborty, Taylor Swift, Pandit Jasraj, Ed Sheeran
Source – Facebook
Vidya Vox Facts
- At the age of 5, she started taking classes in Carnatic music.
- While growing up, she was often bullied for her Indian background due to which she underwent an identity crisis.
- While she was studying in college, she became confident in her Indian roots.
- She became a member of the Indian Student Association while in college. Vidya also joined a couple of Indian folk-dance teams.
- As a member of Shankar Tucker’s band, she has performed at prestigious locations such as National Centre for the Performing Arts (India), White House, and Webster Hall.
- After she decided to focus completely on her music career, she moved to Mumbai for two years to learn music. She got enrolled in classes to study Hindustani classical and Western vocals.
- Vidya Vox started experimenting with Bollywood and English mashups as she felt it was the perfect outlet for her. It blended two worlds she grew up in.
- The original video of her mashup of Closer and Kabira was taken down by YouTube after the T-Series field copyright violation claim.
- Visit her official website @ vidyavox.com.
Featured Image by Vidya Vox / Instagram