|Luis Suárez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Luis Suárez is a Uruguayan professional footballer who is best known for his career as a striker for the Uruguay national team and the Spanish club Atlético Madrid. He is considered as one of the greatest strikers of all time and has also played for teams like Nacional, Groningen, Liverpool, Ajax, and Barcelona in the past. During the course of his career, he has won tournaments such as Primera División, Eredivisie, Football League Cup, KNVB Cup, Copa del Rey, La Liga, UEFA Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup, Supercopa de España, and has been the recipient of honors like “Dutch Footballer of the Year”, Copa América‘s “Best Player”, IFFHS “World’s Best Top Division Goalscorer”, Liverpool‘s “Players’ Player of the Season”, FWA‘s “Footballer of the Year”, Premier League‘s “Player of the Season”, FSF‘s “Player of the Year”, FIFA Club World Cup‘s “MVP of the Final Match”, and many more.
Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz
The Cannibal, Conejo, Luis Suarez, Mi Negrito (His grandma used to call him by this name)
Suarez went to school in the city of Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Father – Rodolfo Suarez
- Mother – Sandra Suarez
- Siblings – Paolo Suarez (Older Brother) (Professional Footballer), Giovanna Suarez (Sister), Leticia Suarez (Sister), Diego Suarez (Brother), Maxi Miliana Suarez (Brother), Facundo Suarez (Brother)
- Others – Lila Piriz (Grandmother)
Luis is signed with Media Base Sports.
Striker / Forward
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
181 lbs or 82 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Suarez commenced dating Sofia Balbi when he was 15. Their romance grew through the years and they officially got married in 2009. Suarez and Sofia have 3 children – 2 sons named Benjamin Suarez (b. September 26, 2013) and Lauti (b. 2018), and daughter Delfina Suarez (b. August 5, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
- Buck teeth
- Problematic personality
- Warrior on the pitch
Luis has been sponsored by Beats, 888poker (Canceled due to his incident at the 2014 FIFA World Cup when he bit Giorgio Chiellini), and Adidas.
Suarez has also appeared in TV commercials for Uruguayan company ABITAB, Beter Horen, Pepsi, and Qatar Airways.
Best Known For
The palette of skills he possesses as a player, and for his controversial personality often resulting in incidents with his opponents.
First Football Match
Luis debuted for Nacional at the age of 18 in a match against Junior de Barranquilla.
Suarez played his first game for Ajax against Slavia Prague in the Champions League qualifier in 2007.
He debuted for Liverpool on February 2, 2011, during a match against Stoke City in which Liverpool won by 2-0 in front of their home crowd at Anfield stadium. Luis scored the second goal for his team after he came in as a substitute.
Suarez had his debut for Barcelona on August 18, 2014, during a friendly match against Club Leon of Mexico. However, he had his competitive debut on October 25, 2014 after he started in the El Clasico against Real Madrid.
On February 8, 2007, Luis played his first match for the senior team of Uruguay against Colombia. The final result of that match was 3-1 for Uruguay.
- Ball Handling
- Long and short shots
- Free kicks
- Finishing skills
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Luis first showed up in one episode of the TV series Caiga quien caiga – CQC (2011) as himself.
We don’t know or own any type of workout that the Uruguayan star has done. However, we thought about including a couple of videos on football training –
Luis Suarez Favorite Things
- Music – Latin
- Movie – Titanic (1997)
- Premier League Player – Philippe Coutinho
- Coaches – Martin Lasarte, Oscar Tabarez
- Food – Italian
Luis Suarez Facts
- At the age of 16 (in 2003), Suarez joined the youth team of Nacional.
- He and his family shifted to Montevideo when he was 7.
- Luis’s parents split up when he was 9.
- In Montevideo, he worked as a street sweeper.
- Some public records indicate that Luis’s grandfather was black.
- When he was 16, Luis hit a referee with his head, which eventually led to receiving a red card.
- He scored his first professional goal in September 2005.
- At the age of 19, he was transferred to Groningen who paid 800,000 euros to Nacional.
- While playing for Groningen, he learned to speak Dutch.
- The famous Dutch club Ajax offered 3.5 million euros for Suarez, an offer which was rejected by Groningen. Unhappy with Groningen’s rejection, he asked for the KNVB’s arbitration committee to allow him to move to Ajax and accept the offer. In the end, despite he was rejected, another offer came from Ajax worth 7.5 million euros which was accepted by Groningen.
- Luis Suarez had signed a five-year contract with Ajax in 2007.
- On November 20, 2010, Suarez bit Otman Bakkal on the shoulder in a match between Ajax and PSV. After the match, Luis got suspended for two games and got fined by his club.
- Suarez won the 2010-2011 Eredivisie League Trophy with Ajax.
- On January 31, 2011, Luis moved to Liverpool signing a five and a half years deal for a total of 22 million British pounds.
- On October 15, 2011, he was accused by the Football Association for abusing Patrice Evra during the match against Manchester United. He was fined with 40,000 British pounds and received an eight-game penalty.
- On April 27, 2014, Suarez won the award for PFA Player of the Year. The same year he won the Premier League Player of the Season award.
- In 2014, Suarez shared the European Golden Shoe with Cristiano Ronaldo for most goals scored in Europe for the particular season.
- On July 11, 2014, Suarez accepted the offer from the Spanish club Barcelona and signed a five-year deal worth 82 million euros.
- At the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Suarez was involved in an incident with the Italian international Giorgio Chiellini. During the match between Italy and Uruguay, Luis bit the Italian defender on his shoulder for which the FIFA Disciplinary Committee gave Suarez a ban for 9 international matches, 4 months of no football-related activity and fee of 100,000 CHF. After six days of the incident, he apologized to Chiellini on Twitter.
- In 2014, his autobiography was published by the name Crossing the Line – My Story.
- He has his daughter’s name, Delfina, tattooed on his wrist.