|Luka Dončić Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1999|
Luka Dončić is a Slovenian professional basketball player who has played for the Dallas Mavericks of the National Basketball Association (NBA) as well as for the Slovenia national team. He has established himself as one of the greatest European players of all time.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Luka Dončić studied at a school in Ljubljana.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Saša Dončić (Professional basketball coach and former player who served as head coach of Ilirija in the Slovenian League)
- Mother – Mirjam Poterbin (Beautician, Entrepreneur, Beauty Salon Owner, Philanthropist, Former Model)
- Siblings – He is an only child.
- Others – Milena Poterbin (Maternal Grandmother) (Hairdresser)
Point Guard/Shooting Guard
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $25 Million as of 2023.
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Luka Dončić has dated –
- Anamaria Goltes (2016-Present) – He started going out with social media personality, digital creator, model, and dancer Anamaria Goltes in the year 2016. The duo eventually got engaged as he proposed to her on July 7, 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
Luka Dončić is of Slovenian and Serbian descent.
Luka Dončić signed a two-year deal with Nike in 2017.
It was announced in December 2019 that Dončić had signed a multi-year endorsement deal with Air Jordan.
It was revealed on July 14, 2021, that Dončić would be the cover athlete for NBA 2K22 (the 23rd installment in the NBA 2K video game series).
Luka Dončić Facts
- His parents divorced in 2008. Following the divorce, Luka’s custody and legal guardianship were granted to his mother.
- Growing up, Luka Dončić was involved in various sports such as football, basketball, etc. However, he later quit football after growing too tall for the sport.
- Reportedly, he was 7 months old when he first touched a basketball.
- Luka Dončić eventually began playing organized basketball at a primary school in Ljubljana when he was 7 years old and his opponents at the time included children who were up to 10 years old. Reflecting on the past, he once stated, “I was always training and playing with older kids who had much more experience than me. Many of them were bigger and faster than me too, so I had to beat them with my brain.”
- As a teenager, he became “enchanted” by Greek basketball player Vassilis Spanoulis and later wore the number 7 at Real Madrid, honoring Spanoulis.
- Growing up, he has also been inspired by American basketball player LeBron James.
- He represented Union Olimpija at the under-14 Vasas Intesa Sanpaolo Cup in Budapest in September 2011 and was named the most valuable player (MVP) despite his side finishing as runners-up to FC Barcelona.
- Luka Dončić was loaned to Real Madrid for the Minicopa Endesa (an under-14 Spanish club competition) in February 2012.
- He was 13 years old when he signed a five-year contract with Real Madrid in September 2012.
- He made his professional debut for Real Madrid in the Liga ACB against Unicaja on April 30, 2015.
- Luka Dončić became the youngest player to ever play for Real Madrid in the ACB and the third-youngest debutant (behind Ricky Rubio and Ángel Rebolo) in league history at 16 years, two months, and two days of age.
- He was picked with the third overall pick by the Atlanta Hawks in the 2018 NBA draft.
- On July 9, 2018, he signed his rookie contract with the Dallas Mavericks.
- He is multilingual and speaks Slovenian, Serbian, English, and Spanish. Reportedly, he learned Spanish after joining Real Madrid.
- In 2021, Luka Dončić’s 2018–19 Panini National Treasures basketball card was sold for $4.6 million dollars.
Featured Image by Cristina Ruiz / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0 DEED