Modric studied in a primary school in Zadar. At the same time, while attending primary school, he was enrolled into one of the local sports academies by his dad.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Stipe Modric (Aeromechanic)
- Mother – Radojka Modric (Textile Worker)
- Siblings – Jasmina Modric (Younger Sister), Diora Modric (Younger Sister)
- Others – Luka Modric (Grandfather)
Luka Modric is signed to ASA International.
- Midfielder (Can also play attacking midfielder)
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
67 kg or 148 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Luka started dating Vanja Bosnic in 2006. The couple spent 4 years together before officially getting married in May 2010.
Luka and Vanja have two children, Ivano (born – June 6, 2010) and Ema (born – April 25, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Modric prefers to dye them to “Light Brown.”
- Wavy hair
- Great team player
- Often wears a headband while playing
- Very skilled midfielder
- Huge sportsmanship
Luka’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 39 in or 99 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Modric has appeared in a TV Advert for MAXtv.
Best Known For
Modric is known for his creativity on the football ground together with his great vision and passing skills.
For many football fans and managers, Luka is considered one of the best midfielders of this era.
He is also known for leading Dinamo Zagreb to three consecutive title wins and for having a huge role in the games while playing for Tottenham Hotspur and Real Madrid.
Luka Modric Facts
- Before he moved to Dinamo Zagreb in 2002, he was a part of the youth team of FC Zadar.
- Since he signed a deal with Dinamo Zagreb (2003 – 2008), he was loaned to Zrinjski Mostar (2003 – 2004) and later to Inter Zapresic (2004 – 2005).
- He led Inter Zapresic to the second place in the Croatian league in 2004 – 2005 season, reserving the spot for the preliminary round in UEFA Cup (Now Europa League).
- In 2007, Modric won the award for PRVA NHL “Player of the Year.”
- Luka moved to Tottenham Hotspur in 2008 and to Real Madrid in 2012.
- In 2014, he won the UEFA Champions League while he was playing for Real Madrid.
- Luka debuted in the Croatian national team in March 2006 when Croatia was facing Argentina.
- Modric scored his first goal for Croatia in a friendly match against Italy.
- He grew up in Zaton Obrovacki, a village near the city of Zadar, Croatia (previously a part of SFR Yugoslavia).
- He was raised during the 1991 Yugoslav war, when his mother country, Croatia was fighting for independence. When the war began, Luka and his family were forced to leave their home.
- During the 1991 war, his father joined the Croatian Army.
- His grandfather was executed by Serbian rebels in the village of Jesenice in December 1991.
- Follow Modric on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.