|Luke Hemmings Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1996|
Luke Hemmings is an Australian singer, songwriter, and musician who is known for being the lead vocalist of the Australian pop-rock band 5 Seconds of Summer, which has sold more than 10 million albums since 2014. 5 Seconds of Summer has become one of the most successful Australian musical exports in history and has released albums like 5 Seconds of Summer, Sounds Good Feels Good, Calm, and Youngblood.
Luke Robert Hemmings
Lucas, Lukey, Lucifer, Hemmo, Hemmatron
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Luke went to Norwest Christian College in Riverstone, New South Wales.
- Father – Andrew Hemmings
- Mother – Liz Hemmings (Mathematics Teacher)
- Siblings – Ben Hemmings (Brother), Jack Hemmings (Brother)
He has been signed to –
- Modest! Management, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom
- Wonder Management, Music Artist Management Company, New South Wales, Australia
Pop rock, power pop, pop-punk
Vocals, rhythm guitar
Capitol Records, Hi or Hey Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $20 Million.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
81 kg or 179 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Luke Hemmings has dated –
- Sara Ellen – He had a fling with Sara Ellen in the past.
- Miranda Panasiti – Luke was RUMORed to have had a fling with Miranda Panasiti.
- Laetitia – Luke was then RUMORed to be dating Laetitia.
- Aleisha McDonald (2011-2012) – After performing a duet, singer Aleisha McDonald and Luke Hemmings started dating in 2011. They split sometime in 2012.
- Hailey Baldwin (2015) – In 2015, Luke was RUMORed to be dating American model, Hailey Baldwin when they were reportedly seen on a date while holding hands in October 2015. As per Hailey, she is not dating him.
- Arzaylea (2015-2017) – Luke met brunette Arzaylea through his 5SOS drummer, Ashton Irwin’s then-girlfriend, Bryana Holly. Bryana and Arzaylea are good friends. Luke started dating Arzaylea in 2015 after being confirmed by Rolling Stone. They broke up in the summer of 2017.
- Sierra Deaton (2017-Present) – After ending his relationship with Arzaylea in August 2017, he started dating musician Sierra Deaton. In June 2021, Luke revealed that they had got engaged earlier in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Luke Hemmings is of English descent.
Best Known For
His contribution towards the 4-member pop-rock band 5 Seconds of Summer as a lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist, which was formed in Sydney in December 2011.
The band 5 Seconds of Summer released their first album, 5 Seconds of Summer on June 27, 2014, via Capitol Records.
It charted at #1 in Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Ireland, Denmark, U.S.A., Canada, and Belgium and #2 on the UK singles chart.
The band was able to sell 507,000 copies in the U.S. and was certified as ‘Gold’ in the U.S. and ‘Platinum’ in Australia.
Luke Hemmings Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Pizza Topping – Pepperoni
- Ice Cream Flavor – Cookies and Cream
- Animal – Penguin
- Color – Blue
- Number – 7
- TV Show – How I Met Your Mother (2005-2014)
- Movies – 17 Again (2009), Monsters, Inc (2001)
- Album – Take Off Your Pants and Jacket (By Blink 182)
Source – Cosmopolitan.com, Ask.fm, SuprTickets
Luke Hemmings Facts
- Luke uses he/him pronouns.
- He has a pet dog named, Molly.
- He really likes penguins.
- There is a reason why he likes penguins so much. When he was a kid, he lost his parents in a zoo and suddenly fell in the penguin’s cage. He lived there for months with a penguin named Macaroni before he got discovered by zookeepers.
- In 2012, 5 Seconds of Summer song “Gotta Get Out” was promoted by One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson via Twitter. It helped 5SOS to gain even more fame.
- In 2014, 5 Seconds of Summer won the American Music Award for New Artist of the Year.
- He is really good at snowboarding.
- He has a celebrity crush on Mila Kunis.
- He has never seen the ‘Titanic’ movie.
- He first started out via YouTube by posting videos of himself in 2011.
- From 5SOS bandmates, he is most closest to Calum Hood.
- Luke and Michael Clifford used to hate each other until grade 9.
- He is the tallest as well as the youngest member of 5 Seconds of Summer.
- He was previously chubby before starting the band.
- On June 30, 2021, Luke released his debut solo song titled Starting Line.