|Ma Dong-seok Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ma Dong-seok is a Korean-American actor who is known for his portrayal of a variety of characters in movies and shows like Train to Busan, Heaven’s Soldiers, The Moonlight of Seoul, The Bad Guys: Reign of Chaos, Kundo: Age of the Rampant, Flower Band, Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds, The Chronicles of Evil, Swallow the Sun, Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days, Me Too, Flower!, and The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil. Moreover, he has won several awards and nominations and has also amassed an impressive fan base on social media as he enjoys more than a million followers on Instagram.
Ma Dong-seok, Don Lee
Ma Dong-seok studied at Columbus State University which is a public institution of higher learning located in Columbus, Georgia, United States.
Ma Dong-seok is represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ma Dong-seok has dated –
- Ye Jung-hwa (2016) – It was speculated that Ma Dong-seok was in a relationship with sports reporter and media personality, Ye Jung-hwa, in 2016. Also, Ma Dong-seok was older than her by 17 years.
Race / Ethnicity
Ma Dong-seok is of Korean descent.
Ma Dong-seok Facts
- He spent his childhood years in Koren and later his family emigrated to the United States.
- Ma Dong-seok was 19 years old when he became an American citizen.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Hwang Sang-wook in the period action-comedy film, Heaven’s Soldiers, in 2005. Directed by Min Joon-ki, the lead cast of the movie comprised of actors like Park Joong-hoon and Gong Hyo-jin.
- In March 2007, he made his debut TV show appearance by portraying the character of Nam Seong-shik in an episode of the procedural drama series, H.I.T.
- He brought to life the role of Ahn Hyuk-mo, an ex-con and loan shark, in the suspense thriller film, The Neighbor, in 2012 and won the 49th Baeksang Arts Award in the “Best Supporting Actor” category while also getting nominated for the 33rd Blue Dragon Film Award as well as the 22nd Buil Film Award in the same category.
- Ma Dong-seok was cast as Sang-hwa, who is a tough, working-class man, in the zombie apocalypse action thriller film, Train to Busan, in the year 2016. He co-starred in the movie alongside the likes of Gong Yoo, Jung Yu-mi, Kim Su-an, Kim Eui-sung, Choi Woo-shik, and Ahn So-hee and won the 8th KOFRA Film Award in the “Best Supporting Actor” category in 2017 while he was also nominated for the 37th Blue Dragon Film Award and the 22nd Chunsa Film Art Award.
- He starred alongside Yoon Kye-sang in the crime action film, The Outlaws, in 2017 and won an award at the 2nd Korea China International Film Festival in the “Best Actor” category.
Featured Image by ItsNEWKorea / YouTube / CC BY 3.0