Madison La’akea Te-Lan Hall Chock
Redondo Beach, California, United States
She divides her time between Los Angeles and Detroit.
Madison Chock went to the Novi High School. She graduated from high school in 2010 and got enrolled at the Schoolcraft College.
While in high school, she had to take some online classes to complete her credits to become eligible for graduation.
- Father – Wes Chock
- Mother – Barbara Chock (Musician) (She released a single in Japan in 1973)
Madison Chock is represented by Stanton & Company.
Marina Zueva (Former)
Igor Shpilband, Marina Zueva (Former)
Christopher Dean, Rohene Ward
All Year FSC
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Madison Chock has dated –
- Evan Bates (2017-Present) – Madison is in a relationship with Evan Bates, who also happens to be her ice dancing partner. They started dating in the later months of 2017 after he confessed his feelings for her. However, they had gone out on a date about 9 years before they finally started dating. Madison was 16 years old at the time of their first date. They made their relationship official towards the end of 2017. In her February 2018 interview with Today, she claimed that their relationship has made their performances even more powerful.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Chinese and Hawaiian ancestry and on her mother’s side, she has English, German, Irish, French, and Dutch ancestry.
- Petite figure
- Prominent nose
- Cute smile
- Madison Chock has been appointed as the brand ambassador for the clothing brand, Old Navy.
- She has also done endorsement work for Beats.
- She also promotes various products and brands through her social media activity.
Best Known For
Being a very accomplished and successful ice dancer. She has won silver and bronze medals at the World Championships, silver medals at Grand Prix Final, and multiple medals at the Four Continents Figure Skating Championship.
First TV Show
In January 2014, Madison Chock made her first TV show appearance on the news talk show, Access Hollywood.
Madison trains for about 4 hours daily and when she is preparing for an event, she increases her training time by further 2 hours. Her first workout usually lasts for about 2 hours and is scheduled in the morning.
In the noon, she heads for another training session with Bates. They set aside 15 minutes for a warmup and follow it up with 2 hours long skating session.
On some days, she indulges in a yoga session. She also performs the Gyrotonic workout, which essentially combines principles from dance, yoga, gymnastics, swimming, and tai chi. These workouts help her to relax and heal her body.
Her daily diet is as follows –
- Breakfast – A cup of flaxseed oatmeal with slivers of almond, fresh blueberries, and dried cranberries
- Post Morning Training Meal – Half avocado on Ezekiel bread, a few cubes of cheese with scrambled egg whites, ginger tea. She uses agave to sweeten her tea.
- Snacks – Fresh fruit, bars, and nuts. Sometimes she guzzles down healthy and protein-rich smoothies as well.
- Dinner – Chicken, fish, or some red meat with a side of fresh veggies. In case, she isn’t too hungry, she eats a salad of feta cheese, avocado, beets, and cucumber.
Madison Chock Favorite Things
- Movies – Forrest Gump (1994), The Help (2011), Elf (2003), Step Brothers (2008), Hidden Figures (2016), La La Land (2016) and all Marvel and Disney movies
- TV Shows – Friends, Game of Thrones, and Silicon Valley
- App – Instagram
- Magazines – Instyle, Vogue, Health, Elle
- Places – Italy, Hawaii
- Make-up Brands – Urban Decay, Chanel, Bareminerals, and Dior
Source – NBC Olympics, NBC Olympics
Madison Chock Facts
- She started ice skating at the age of 5. She had become interested in it after seeing it on the TV.
- Madison was first suggested to take up ice dancing when she was 12 years old. Although she had no previous interest in dance, she enjoyed it after giving it a try.
- She has given pair skating a try and even took tests up to the intermediate level.
- Both her middle names pay homage to her Chinese-Hawaiian ancestry. “La’akea” translates to sacred light from heaven and “Te-Lan” means special or unique orchid.
- She designs all her skating outfits on her own. If she has time on her hands, she even takes other skaters as her clients.
- She first achieved success while partnering with Greg Zuerlein. They started competing together in June 2006 and ended their partnership in June 2011 as he decided to retire.
- In July 2011, she announced that she would partner with Evan Bates. They started their journey by finishing 4th at the 2012 Skate Canada International.
- In her free time, she loves to paint and draw. She also loves to read in her leisure time.
- She has a Phantom Toy Poodle whom she has named Henry.
- Visit her official website @ chock-bates.com. She shares it with her partner and boyfriend, Evan Bates.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Madison Chock / Instagram