New York City, New York, United States
Brooklyn, New York, United States
There is no information about Maino’s educational background or the school he attended. Though, in one interview with DJ Smallz, he admitted that he hated school and did not make an effort to accomplish anything out of his school life.
Rapper, Songwriter, and Entrepreneur
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Maino manages his own gigs under his own label Hustle Hard Entertainment.
- Hustle Hard
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Maino has dated –
- Zakia Baum – Maino dated Zakia long time back. Zakia was one of the star characters in Starter Wives, a TLC reality show. They have a son.
- Keyshia Cole (2009) – Maino and American singer Keyshia were rumored to be dating in 2009. However, Keyshia’s manager gave a statement denying the rumor.
- Olivia Longott (2011) – Maino and singer Olivia dated briefly in 2011.
- Brittany Ireland (2011) – Maino dated an American model Brittany briefly in 2011.
- Dollicia Bryan – Maino dated another model Dollicia briefly. Dollicia was also featured in one of his music videos in 2011.
- Lil’ Kim (2012) – Maino was in an on-and-off relationship with Brooklyn-based rapper Lil Kim. In 2012, he claimed that Lil Kim was his inspiration for penning down “I Still Love You” track.
- Patrice E – Patrice E is one of Maino’s lesser-known girlfriends. They have daughters together.
- La La Anthony (2015) – In 2015, La La Anthony was in news for cheating on her husband, NBA star Carmelo Anthony, with Maino. Though, La La denied, Patrice E went on the internet and rattled about it.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- Shaved hairdo
- Often wears a baseball cap and heavy chains over the chest
- Full body tattoos
Maino hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- His hit single “All the Above” featuring T-Pain.
- Being presented the Hip Hop Ambassador of Brooklyn Award along with multiple awards and recognition from The City Council, The New York State Assembly, The Brooklyn Borough President and the New York State Senate for his work in Brooklyn communities at the Immanuel & First Spanish Church (Brooklyn, NY).
On June 30, 2009, Maino released his first studio album If Tomorrow Comes under his independent record label Hustle Hard, distributed by Atlantic Records.
In 2016, Maino made his theatrical film debut as a poet in Identical.
First TV Show
In 2008, Maino made his first television show appearance on Sound Proof with Leah Rose.
There is no information about his work out schedules or diet plans.
Maino Favorite Things
- Food In Brooklyn – Fish fries
- Nightclub – The Griffin in New York
Source – YouTube
- He has been in trouble with the authorities several times, landing him in prison often. He has also served 10 years prison-time under the charges of robbing and kidnapping a drug dealer.
- His interest in rapping grew out of boredom during his prison life. Once out of prison, he launched his own recording label Hustle Hard Entertainment in 2003.
- In 2005, Universal Records offered him a recording contract, but it did not work out.
- Maino along with Push!, Lucky Don, Twigg Martin and Hustle Hard Mouse formed the band The Black Flag Mafia under his label Hustle Hard Entertainment.
- In 2015, he released the song Crazy which became the #1 dance hit in the US.
- Maino confessed to the prison life being tough. He also said that it takes away the good quality of your life, such that when you’ve served 20 years in prison, returning back to normal life is tougher and confusing.
- Hear more from him on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SoundCloud, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Meghan / Flickr / CC BY-2.0