|Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is a Canadian actress of Tamil descent who is famously known for her role as Devi in the Netflix American comedy-drama series Never Have I Ever that released in the year 2020. Maitreyi has also done various theater plays and wants to pursue a theater course from Toronto’s York University. Being her first professional acting project, she has managed to gather the attention of a lot of people who now look up to her as a new young actress making her mark. Maitreyi wants to contribute to the upliftment of the South Asian community in cinema and her performance in the show was described as a breakout performance by a media company named Variety.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan (Pronounced as my-tray-yee)
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
She has completed her education from Meadowvale Secondary School.
- Father – Ram Selvarajah
- Mother – Kiruthiha Kulendiren
- Siblings – Vishwaa Ramakrishnan (Older Brother)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Tamil descent.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Favorite Things
- Character – Hermione Granger
- Food – She calls herself a foodie
- Hobbies – Piano, Drawing, Singing, Riding her motorcycle, Video Games
- TV Shows – The Office
- Singers – Rex Orange County, Childish Gambino, Doja Cat
Source – YouTube
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Facts
- Her family hails from Sri Lanka, but they moved out during the civil war and settled in Canada but Maitreyi calls herself Tamil-Canadian and not Sri Lankan due to the war.
- There were a total of 15,000 girls who auditioned for the role of Devi along with Maitreyi.
- She got to know about the open casting call of the series through her best friend and she recorded her first self-tape in the library before she was called to Las Vegas.
- She was finally selected by Mindy Kaling, whom Maitreyi also calls her godmother.
- Maitreyi had done various school plays before she got the part in the Netflix show Never Have I Ever.
- She wanted to pursue a theatre course from Toronto’s York University.
- Maitreyi actively advocated the need for the right to education and believes in representing the South Asian community at the international level.
- She is also a part-time gamer.
- She cannot speak Tamil fluently but can understand the language well.
- Maitreyi was named as one of the Groundbreakers for breaking all barriers and changing the world.
- For her performance in the show Never Have I Ever, she won the 2020 E! People’s Choice Awards in the category ‘Comedy Show of 2020’.
- During the 2021 Film Independent Spirit Awards, Maitreyi was nominated in the “Best Female Performance in a Scripted Series” category for her role in the show, Never Have I Ever.
Featured Image By Maitreyi Ramakrishnan / Instagram