|Mandip Gill Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|January 5, 1988
Mandip Gill is an English actress who is best known for portraying important roles in Doctor Who, The Good Karma Hospital (2017), and Hollyoaks (2012-2015). She is also noted for being cast as Reema in The Flood (2019). Mandip has also won many awards including the Elliot Gonzalez’s ITalkTelly Award for “Best Newcomer” in 2018. Apart from her on-screen popularity, she has a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Mandip Kaur Gill
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Mandip completed her studies with a degree in Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Acting from the University of Central Lancashire in 2009.
- Siblings – Danny Gill (Brother), Sharan K. Gill (Sister)
Mandip is represented by –
- Creative Artists Management
- Jane Hollowood Associates
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has a scar on the left side of her forehead.
Mandip has used her social media presence to endorse brands like –
- Lucy Choi London
- Giovanni Raspini
- Cara Shoes
- A little Parlour
- Trousseau Jewels
- Yasmin Marie Jewellery
- Este Couture
Best Known For
Being cast as Yasmin Khan in Doctor Who and Phoebe McQueen in Hollyoaks (2012-2015)
Mandip made her theatrical film debut as Reema in The Flood in 2019.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as Phoebe Jackson in Hollyoaks in 2012.
Mandip Gill Favorite Things
- Part About Being On “Doctor Who” – Being around actor and co-star David Bradley
- Storyline In “Hollyoaks” – When she was introduced in the show alongside Steven Roberts (George Smith) and ended up in the hands of child groomers.
Source – BBC, Punjab2000.com
Mandip Gill Facts
- Going to the gym and knitting are just some of the activities that she enjoys doing in her free time.
- In the past, she ran a marathon to support a charity devoted to people with cancer after one of her own cousins named Alicia lost her life to cancer at the age of 22.
- While being cast on the Hollyoaks, she also spent time managing the family newsagents store. In order to not be recognized by anybody, she used to wear lots of makeup.
- She prefers the flavor of vanilla or chocolate.
- Her personal preference when it comes to being comfortable on the feet are flats.
- Mandip is not very fond of coffee and prefers to drink tea just the way it is made in India.
- She is afraid of dogs.
- Mandip lacks patience.
- She could eat sweets all day long.
- Mandip had been acting since an early age, starting with 50 pence everytime she used to either sing or mime in front of her family.
- She derives her inspiration from actresses like Olivia Colman, Sheridan Smith, and Jodie Comer.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Mandip Gill / Instagram