|Mani Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|April 25, 2000
Mani is an American rapper and TV personality, best known for his appearance on the 2nd season of Lifetime’s Emmy award-nominated reality-TV series, The Rap Game in 2016. The show, led by Jermaine Dupri and Queen Latifah, has up-and-coming rappers battling out to be signed to Jermaine’s So So Def record label, and gain a record contract. Even though he wasn’t the main favorite, and was unfocused during a lot of his performances, his high-energy stage performance, and his final appearance at Terminal West made Jermaine realize that he finally outperformed everyone. He was crowned the season’s winner in a duel against rapper Lil Key after his performance of a song named Look At Me, Now Look at Chu, which he then released as a debut single, alongside another single titled You Thought, both in 2017.
Mani also released 4 new singles in 2017 titled They Know Me, What Do You Know, Wavy, and Walk In, a track named Earn It, and was featured on a song titled Ah Nor Dae Lie the same year. In 2017, he also left So So Def, and founded his own record label, Fly City Entertainment. 4 previous singles were re-released as part of his debut digital album, Mani (2017) through his new label, accompanied by 4 new tracks, One Shot, Pick up the Bag, Yung Millionaire, and Better. After a break of about a year, where he focused on his education, Mani came back to the rap scene and presented 3 new singles in early 2019. They were titled Anutha Day in L.A, Dem Dayz, and Mirror Mirror. Starting in 2017, he was also the founder of his own clothing brand named Yung Millionaire.
Mani, Lil Mani, Mani Da Don, Yung Millionaire
Los Angeles, California, United States
South Central Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States
He was accepted as a member of the National Honor Society and graduated high school with honors in June 2018.
Rapper, TV Personality
- Mother – Lacreshia “Cre” Hoy (Former Member of the West Coast hip-hop collective Queens of Compton)
Mani is represented by Fly City Entertainment (Company, Talent Agent, Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- So So Def (2016-2017)
- Feminine Hustle
- Fly City Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Afro/dreads haircut
- Fuller lips
Best Known For
- His hit singles, Look At Me, Now Look At Chu (2017) and You Thought (2017), as well as his debut digital album, Mani (2017)
- His social media fanbase with more than 400k followers on Instagram
As a Singer
He 1st introduced himself as a rapper during the 2nd season of the reality-TV series The Rap Game in 2016 and won. After he was signed to So So Def record label, Mani released the song he performed during the competition as a single, titled Look At Me, Now Look at Chu, followed by You Thought, both in 2017. Within that year, he also founded his own record label, Fly City Entertainment, and unlike other young rappers that appeared on the show, broke off the record deal contract he earned through the show. He released 4 singles through his new label, titled Wavy, Walk In, They Know Me, and What Do You Know. Mani also collaborated with a fellow rapper named //lxg on a song named Ah Nor Dae Lie.
After a brief announcement, he released his debut LP/digital album, titled Mani, which contained 4 of the previously released singles in addition to 4 new ones, titled Better, One Shot, Pick up the Bag, and Yung Millionaire. He then took a break from releasing new material until April 2019, when he released a new single, titled Anutha Day in L.A. On July 19, 2019, Mani released his 2nd single, titled Dem Dayz, and then on August 23, 2019, his 3rd, titled Mirror Mirror.
First TV Show
Mani made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in the Who’s Hungry? episode of the reality-TV series, The Rap Game in July 2016.
Mani Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Basketball, Playing Video Games
- Video Game – NBA 2k18
- His name is pronounced Mah-nee.
- When he was 6 years old, he heard Snoop Dogg‘s songs, as well as those of a rap group Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, and they inspired him to rap. He was also inspired by Michael Jackson and Bow Wow.
- Mani’s mom Lacreshia helps him manage his business ventures while his dad works on the creative aspects of his musical career, both through Fly City Entertainment. His dad was also a rapper in his youth.
- In most cases, he writes a song by 1st doing freestyle and then writing the lyrics down if they feel right.
- Mani was widely praised for his mix of new school rap mixed with 1990s sound sets.
- During high school, he received a Chris Paul award for having the “most assists in a single basketball game.”
- Visit his official website @ officialmani.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Apple Music, Spotify, SoundCloud, Snapchat, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Mani / Instagram