|Manu Ginóbili Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Manu Ginóbili is an Argentine former professional basketball player who is best known for his 16-year NBA career with San Antonio Spurs. As of June 2022, he is one of the only 2 players to have won a EuroLeague title, an Olympic gold medal, and an NBA championship. In the past, Manu has been a part of teams like Viola Reggio Calabria, Estudiantes de Bahía Blanca, and Virtus Bologna. In September 2021, he was appointed as the special advisor to basketball operations for the San Antonio Spurs. During the course of his career, he has been the recipient of honors like EuroLeague Finals‘ “Top Scorer”, FIBA AmeriCup‘s “MVP”, NBA Sixth‘s “Man of the Year Award”, Diamond Konex Award, Italian Cup‘s “MVP”, and many more.
Emanuel David Ginóbili Maccari
Manu, Gino, Narigon
Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Jorge Ginobili (Basketball Coach) (Former Coach of Bahia Blanca)
- Mother – Raquel Ginobili
- Siblings – Sebastian Ginobili (Brother) (Professional Basketball Player), Leandro Ginobili (Older Brother) (Retired Professional Basketball Player who played seven seasons in the Argentine Basketball League)
Ginobili is signed with Herb Rudoy.
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manu Ginobili dated –
- Marianela Orono (2004-Present) – In 2004, Ginobili married Marianela Orono. Together they have three sons, twins Dante and Nicola (b. May 16, 2010) and Luca (b. April 21, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Marchesan (Italian) ancestry.
- Towering height
Ginobili has been seen in TV adverts for H-E-B, Christus Hospital, Gatorade, NBA, Honda, Gunn Acura, etc.
Best Known For
Ginobili is without a doubt one of the best Argentinian basketball players that have ever played the game. He has a lot of accomplishments that are proof of his greatness.
The popular Gino will be remembered for his NBA titles with the San Antonio Spurs (2003, 2005, 2007, 2014), Euroleague title with Kinder Bologna and gold medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics with Argentina.
First Basketball Match
He debuted for Andino Sport Club in the Argentine basketball league during the 1995-1996 season.
Ginobili had his NBA debut on October 29, 2002, in a match between San Antonio Spurs and Los Angeles Lakers. In his team’s victory with a score of 87-82 over the Lakers, Manu scored 7 points, made 4 steals, dished 3 assists and grabbed 2 rebounds for a total of 20 minutes spent on the court.
- Quick, Agile, Fast
- Ball Handling
- Shooting (Both for two and three points)
- Defense (Steals)
- Team Player
- Finishing ability
Player had no significant weaknesses.
Ginobili has not performed in a feature movie yet.
But, he was seen in the 69 minutes long documentary Tiempo muerto (2010) as himself.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches itself, Gino has appeared in the talk show La noche del 10 in 2005 as himself-guest.
Manu Ginóbili Favorite Things
- Internet Website – Manuginobili.com, Spurs.com, IMDb.com
- Food – Asado, Tortellini al brodo, Tagliatelle al ragu
Source – NBA.com
Manu Ginóbili Facts
- Manu speaks Spanish, English, and Italian fluently.
- He is left-handed.
- Ginobili was drafted by the San Antonio Spurs as the 57th pick in the 1999 NBA Draft.
- Gino supports River Plate Football Club.
- He holds dual citizenship of Argentina and Italy.
- He was the second player after Bill Bradley to achieve a Euroleague trophy, an NBA title, and an Olympic gold medal.
- As a kid, Emanuel idolized Michael Jordan.
- During his rest periods, Ginobili listens to Latin music, watches movies, and spends time with his closest friends.
- In 1998, Manu shifted to Viola Reggio Calabria where he played until 2000.
- Despite he was drafted in 1999 by the Spurs, Manu decided to join the NBA team after the 2002 FIBA World Championship in Indianapolis.
- He won the 2008 Sixth Man Award for the 2007-2008 NBA season.
- On July 11, 2013, Gino extended his contract with the San Antonio Spurs for two more years.
- On July 20, 2015, Ginobili penned a new contract with the Spurs.