|Tarek El Moussa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1981|
|Spouse||Heather Rae Young|
Tarek El Moussa is an American television personality and real estate investor who came into the limelight after co-hosting the HGTV series Flip or Flop (2013-2020). He has also appeared in several other TV shows including Home & Family (2017).
Tarek Gustave El Moussa
Long Beach, California, United States
Newport Beach, California, United States
Television Personality, Real Estate Investor
- Mother – Dominique
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Christina Anstead (2009-2018) – He and Christina got married in 2009. They broke up in 2016. They have a daughter named Taylor (b. 2010) and a son named Brayden (b. August 2015). In 2017, Christina had filed for divorce which was finalized in January 2018.
- Heather Rae Young (2019-Present) – He confirmed that he was dating reality TV star and real estate agent Heather Rae Young in August 2019. They got engaged in July 2020. The couple tied the knot on October 23, 2021, at a venue near Santa Barbara, California. In November 2021, they announced that they were freezing Heather’s eggs, in order to expand their family later on in life. In July 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together, a baby boy. Their son, Tristan Jay El Moussa was born on January 31, 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Lebanese descent on his father’s side of the family and of Belgian descent on his mother’s side.
- Beard and mustache
- Dimpled smile
- Tall stature
- Sharp nose
Tarek El Moussa’s Favorite Things
- Pastime – Being with his family, Doing group activities like bike riding or taking a dip in the pool
- Hobbies – Boating, Hiking, Traveling, Wining and dining
- Grateful To – His mother who he has been very close to having gushed on Instagram on Mother’s Day in 2019 about how much she has meant to him after always having been there for him through thick and thin
- School Subject – Mathematics
- Cheat Meal – Pizza topped with pepperoni, jalapeno, ham, and pineapple
Source – Realtor, Feeling The Vibe, Us Magazine
Tarek El Moussa’s Facts
- He had acquired his real estate license at the age of 21.
- He has recalled that he had asked a friend to assist him to make an audition tape for HGTV that had garnered the interest of the network.
- In the opening credits of the show Flipping 101 in 2020, Tarek had explained his past struggles with the housing market stating that he was so broke when he got started that he actually lived in his mother’s garage. In a Season 8 episode of Flip or Flop (2019) titled Small House, Big Problems, he had enlisted the help of his mother to clean the stubborn oil stains off the driveway when her idea for using baking soda and soda pop had got the marks right out.
- Tarek has affirmed that he has enjoyed the chase of properties and the design and transformation that happens at the end.
- In September 2021, it was revealed that Tarek El Moussa had been tested positive for COVID-19. Later that month, during an episode of Flipping 101, Tarek revealed that he had been diagnosed with celiac disease.
- Tarek was a straight-C student.
- In school, he used to understand only math, and hence, it had become his favorite subject.
- Tarek’s first job was as a bag boy at Stater Bros. Markets in Buena Park, California.
- His worst job was to clean big diesel trucks in Compton, California for which he was getting $3.75 an hour.
- As a kid, he wanted to be an engineer.
- For her pending life, she can listen to “Juicy” by The Notorious B.I.G. on repeat.
- At the age of 20 (in the early 2000s), he knew that he wanted to get into real estate.
- He is afraid of sharks.
- In 2020, Tarek had bought the house and fixed the foundation. But, the house almost fell.
- Tarek has a house in La Quinta, California’s desert which is his favorite place to visit.
- When in high school, he got a tattoo of a big black spider on his back. However, he is not happy with it as he has to scratch his back all the time because it itches.
- He found that he had thyroid cancer because of a fan. In 2013, he met a fan named Ryan Reed who was a registered nurse. While watching Flip or Flop, she noticed a lump on Tarek’s neck and messaged him. This is how he found out about thyroid cancer.
- He later found out that he also had testicular cancer.
- He likes watching UFC.
- If he could exchange places with anybody for a day, it would be with light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.
- As a kid, his dad used to pick him up from school for lunch.
- Selling Sunset is his reality TV guilty pleasure.
- He likes to do hot yoga. It is his hobby.
Featured Image by Tarek El Moussa / Instagram