|Marc Márquez Quick Info
|5 ft 6.5 in
|Date of Birth
|February 17, 1993
Marc Márquez is a Spanish Grand Prix motorcycle road racer who has been recognized as one of the most successful racers of all time with an array of accomplishments including 8 Grand Prix world championships of which 6 came from the Premier MotoGP class.
Marc Márquez Alentà
Ant, Ant of Cervera, Thunder of Cervera
Motorcycle Road Racer
- Father – Julià
- Siblings – Álex Márquez (Younger Brother) (Motorcycle Racer)
- Others – Ramon (Uncle)
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marc Márquez got married in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Spanish descent.
- Thick Eyebrows
- Plump Lips
Marc Márquez Favorite Things
- Football Club – FC Barcelona
- Pets – Dogs
Source – Wikipedia
Marc Márquez Facts
- Though he has already compiled numerous achievements and has won several championships, he has always refused to use number 1 as his racing number and favored number 93 instead, which was his birth year.
- His father followed him in his team garage and also turns out to be a permanent fixture in the Grand Prix paddock.
- His younger brother Alex is a motorcycle racing world champion, who won the Moto3 class in 2014 and the Moto2 class in 2019.
- He races for Honda’s factory team since his MotoGP debut in 2013.
- He has native tongues in Catalan and Spanish. He’s also a fluent English speaker.
- Despite becoming a world champion, Márquez still humbly lives in his hometown in Cervera. In his website, he cited his decision to remain in his hometown as “training opportunities” and an “ideal” location for dirt bikes. His fan club chaired by his uncle is also situated in Cervera.
- Márquez is involved in several charities.
- He’s considered one of the greatest innovators of modern MotoGP racing.
- Ant became his motif in 2012 and this can be seen on gloves, helmets, and pit boards that Márquez and his team use. The story behind this motif was back to when he first started riding motorcycles and his size was diminutive to the point that his team had to add ballast on his bikes to compensate for his lack of weight. From there, he has since been nicknamed as an ant, comparing him to a small animal with the ability and strength to carry 100 times as much as its body weight.
- He has a solid social media fanbase with his social media pages hitting more than 4 million followers.
- In September 2018, he met Pope Francis at the Vatican along with 4 other MotoGP riders.
- Márquez was one of the 4 riders next to Mike Hailwood, Phil Read, and Valentino Rossi, to have won world championship titles in 3 different categories.
- He became the 2nd Catalan rider next to Àlex Crivillé and the 3rd Spaniard after Crivillé and Jorge Lorenzo to win the premier class title.
- He is the first rider since Kenny Roberts in 1978 to accomplish the premier class title in his first season and the youngest to win the title overall. In 2014, Márquez defended his title and won the championship with 3 rounds to spare during which he won 10 races in a row.
- At the age of 23, he leveled the all-time Grand Prix record for pole positions in 2016.
- Márquez secured the 2019 title with 4 races to spare at the Chang International Circuit in Buriram, Thailand, which marked his 8th world championship and 6th premier class championship. He ended the 2019 season with a total tally of 420 points.
Featured Image by Box Repsol / Flickr / CC BY 2.0