|Gavin DeGraw Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 4, 1977|
Gavin DeGraw is an American singer and songwriter who has published the studio albums Chariot (July 2003), Gavin DeGraw (May 2008), Free (March 2009), Sweeter (September 2011), Make a Move (October 2013), Something Worth Saving (September 2016), and Face the River (May 2022). Chariot and Sweeter were certified ‘Platinum’ and ‘Gold’, respectively, by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The song that made him an overnight sensation was titled I Don’t Want to Be (from his debut album Chariot). It was chosen as the main theme for the popular drama TV series One Tree Hill.
Gavin Shane DeGraw
South Fallsburg, Sullivan County, New York, United States
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Gavin, after his high school graduation, had joined Ithaca College, a private college in Ithaca, New York, on a music scholarship. He dropped out after just one semester.
Gavin later attended the prestigious Berklee College of Music, a private music college in Boston, Massachusetts. He was there for 2 semesters while singing in a rock band and playing solo gigs on the side.
- Father – Wayne DeGraw (Prison Guard) (d. July 2020)
- Mother – Lynne DeGraw (née Krieger) (Detox Specialist) (d. September 2017)
- Siblings – Neeka DeGraw (Older Sister), Joey DeGraw (Older Brother) (Singer, Songwriter)
- Others – Russell A. DeGraw (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Tierney (Paternal Grandmother), Natt Harvey Krieger (Maternal Grandfather), Eileen Joy Burns (Maternal Grandmother)
Blue-eyed Soul, Pop Rock, Rock, Soul, Pop, Soft Rock
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Guitar
- J Records
- RCA Records
Gavin DeGraw’s net worth had been $14 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gavin has dated –
- Chelsey Mauck
- Amanda Loncar (2004)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, and German descent on his father’s side and Ashkenazi Jewish (Russian and Austrian) descent on his mother’s side.
- Makes public appearances in a baseball hat
- Cheerful smile
- Sports a rugged beard
Gavin DeGraw Facts
- Gavin grew up in a family where almost everyone was deeply involved with music in some way or the other. He began singing and playing piano by the time he was 8 years old. He also used to play the lead in most of his school’s plays.
- In his teenage years, he used to play in a musical group called The People’s Band, with his brother Joey. The band used to perform in local hotels and clubs. It was on Joey’s advice that Gavin began writing his own songs.
- In December 2007, he and Joey launched The National Underground, a roots rock/Americana music bar in Manhattan’s Lower East Side. The venue offers music, food, and drinks.
- In August 2011, Gavin was assaulted by several people after he was leaving The National Underground. The assault left him with a broken nose, a concussion, and lacerations to his face. Just a few minutes later, he was hit by a taxi. He was hospitalized and made a full recovery by January 2012.
- Just about a couple of months after his recovery, he participated in the 14th season of the popular reality TV show Dancing with the Stars. He and his partner were eliminated from the competition during week 5.
- In 2022, after releasing his 7th studio album titled Face the River (May 2022), he also released a documentary depicting how he made that record and how he dealt with his parents’ deaths during the album’s development.
Featured Image by Gavin DeGraw / Instagram