Woody, Woodinho, Woody Woodpecker
Dortmund, West Germany
Marco attended Dortmund Youth Academy until 1996.
- Father – Thomas Reus
- Mother – Manuela Reus
- Siblings – Yvonne Reus (Older Sister), Melanie Reus (Older Sister)
- Others – Nico (Nephew)
Marco is signed with SportsTotal GmbH.
Attacking Midfielder (Can also play as winger and striker)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marco Reus dated –
- Carolin Bohs (2009-2013) – In 2009, Marco started dating the German TV personality, Carolin Bohs. Their love lasted for 4 years until 2013. This is when they parted ways.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde hair
Marco’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96½ cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 36 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
8 (US) or 41 (EU)
Marco has signed endorsement contracts with PUMA and Panasonic. He also appeared in TV commercials for Swiss watches, Hot Wheels and, HUGO BOSS perfumes.
Reus has also appeared in TV commercials for cars and petrol.
Marco’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Being a versatile player who can either score or create goal scoring situations for his teammates. Marco is also known for his speed and skills with the ball, making him a high threat for every defence.
First Football Match
Marco played his first professional football match back in 2006 when he played for Rot Weiss Ahlen II.
On August 11, 2009, at the age of 20, Marco debuted for the German’s under-21 team in a friendly match against Turkey.
- Long shots
- Great in taking set-pieces
- Defence (Not contributing for the team)
Marco has not taken a part in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches, his first TV appearance was in 2013 in Circus Halligalli as himself, where he appeared in just 1 episode.
Marco Reus Favorite Things
- Sport – Table Tennis
- Movie – The Hangover Part II (2011)
- Singer – Justin Bieber
- Music – Hip Hop and R ‘n’ B
- Video Game – FIFA
- Food – Mashed potatoes, cabbage, goulash
Source – Goal.com
Marco Reus Facts
- Marco won the 2013 DFL-Supercup with Borussia Dortmund.
- In 2012, Marco was named Footballer of the Year in Germany.
- In 2013, he was part of the UEFA Team of the Year.
- In 2013, Bloomberg placed Reus at number 4 on the list of best footballers in Europe.
- He started training football at the age of 5.
- Reus’s childhood idol was the Czech republic player Tomáš Rosický.
- In the first year at Rot-Weiss Ahlen, he played for the second team. A year after, he made it to the first team and appeared in 14 matches.
- On May 25, 2009, Reus was signed by Borussia Monchengladbach.
- He scored his first Bundesliga goal in a match that Borussia Monchengladbach played against FSV Mainz 05 on August 28, 2009.
- Marco has a huge passion for tattoos.
- On October 3, 2012, he debuted in the Champions League in a match that Borussia Dortmund played against Manchester City.
- In December 2014, Reus was caught by police while driving without a license and asked to pay £500,000 or $705,000.
- Visit his official website @ marcoreus.de.
- Follow Marco on his social media profiles including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.