|Marek Hamšík Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Marek Hamšík is a Slovak professional footballer who is best known for his career as a midfielder for Süper Lig club Trabzonspor. He also captained the Slovakia national team in the past and has also played for teams like Slovan Bratislava, Brescia, Dalian Professional, IFK Göteborg. During the course of his career, Marek has won several tournaments such as Coppa Italia, Supercoppa Italiana, Turkish Super Cup, Süper Lig, and has been the recipient of honors like Serie A‘s “Young Footballer of the Year” and “Slovak Footballer of the Year”.
Banská Bystrica, Czechoslovakia
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Richard Hamsik
- Mother – Renata Hamsik
- Siblings – Michaela Gargano (Younger Sister)
Hamsik is signed with CSM Agency.
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marek Hamsik married Martina Franova in July 2014. The couple has two kids Christian Hamsik (b. January 15, 2010) and Lucas Hamsik (b.January 5, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
- Specific haircut
- Numerous tattoos
Hamsik has signed an endorsement contract with Nike.
Best Known For
- Captaining Napoli and being the vice-captain of the Slovakian national soccer team.
- Winning the award for Serie A Young Footballer of the Year in 2008.
First Soccer Match
Marek performed for Brescia against Chievo Verona on March 20, 2005.
Hamsik played his first match for Napoli on August 15, 2007 against Cesena. Napoli achieved a 4-0 victory and Marek was the scorer of the second goal for his team.
On February 7, 2007, Marek made his national team debut in a friendly match against Poland. Eventually, Slovakia played a 2-2 draw.
- Through balls
- Taking free kicks
- Defensive contribution
In 2013, Marek appeared as himself in the Italian comedy film Colpi di fortuna.
First TV Show
Other than soccer matches itself, Hamsik was first seen in the music comedy show Quelli che… il calcio as himself in 2009 in just one episode.
Marek Hamsik Facts
- He started his soccer career at a local youth club Jupie Podlavice.
- In 2002, Marek penned a deal with Slovan Bratislava, a team that competes in the Slovak first soccer league.
- In 2004, Hamsik transferred to the Italian team Brescia for a price of 500,000 euros.
- During the 2006-07 season in Serie B, Hamsik managed to score a total of 10 goals in 40 matches.
- His sister is married to his former Napoli teammate Walter Gargano.
- On June 28, 2007, Marek signed a five-year deal worth 5.5 million euros with Napoli.
- Hamsik idolized the legendary Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved to whom he is often compared because of his similar playing style.
- Marek played for the Slovakian U-17, U-19, and U-21 squads.
- On August 6, 2016, Hamsik extended his contract with Napoli for another four years.