|Mari Takahashi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1949|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mari Takahashi is a Japanese singer and songwriter who is best known for her ballad pop songs. Nevertheless, she has released a number of hit tracks including Besame Mucho, Superstar, Tsuioku, Karisome, Aniniyukuyo, and Quien Sera (Sway).
Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
- Father – Tsukio Morioka
- Mother – Chizuko Takahashi
Jazz, Pop, J-Pop
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She prefers to dye her hair light brown or blonde.
- Snub nose
- Shoulder length hair
- Heart-shaped lips
Mari Takahashi Facts
- She was brought up in Fukuoka.
- Initially, Mari had been a part of the band Pedro & Capricious. However, she parted ways with them in order to start a solo career.
- Mari started her singing career in 1973 as a music cover singer. Later, she went on to write her own music.
- Mari is very good at playing the piano and saxophone.
- She started studying Jazz when she was only 14 years old. In the past, Mari and her father performed together at various live houses.
- Mariko has credited her father was a Jazz musician to be her greatest influence and the person who encouraged her to pursue a career in music.
- According to sources, it was musician Umemura Pedro who spotted her.
- In November 1978, Mari released her debut track titled Anata no Sora wo Tobitai.
- She released a cover album No Reason: Otoko Gokoro on May 20, 2009. It was compiled of songs from various famous music artists such as Kyu Sakamoto’s Miagete Goran Yoru no Hoshi o and Yūzō Kayama’s Kimi to Itsumademo. Also, her album made on to 7th place on the Japanese Oricon album charts.
- Mari released 2 other albums titled Katharsis (2018) and MariCovers (2019) since the release of her first album in 2009.
- Besides being a talented singer, Mari is also an author who till 2020, had published 2 books which were Smoochin’ Santa (2019) and Her Little Secret, His Hidden Heir (2019).
Featured Image By Generasia