|Sohyang Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sohyang is a South Korean singer-songwriter and author who is very well-known for the release of her books Crystal Castle and Anaxion. On the other hand, Sohyang has also released several albums with her family band POS such as 소향 (POS), Letter to the Sky, Butterfly, and Dream.
김소향 (In English Kim So-hyang)
Gwangju, South Jeolla Province, South Korea
Singer, Author, Songwriter
- Others – JinJoo Lee (Sister-In-Law) (Musician, Singer)
CCM, Gospel, Pop Music
She has released her music with various record labels including RIAK.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sohyang has dated –
- Kim Hee-jun (1998-Present) – Sohyang got married to POS drummer Kim Hee-jun in 1998.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
- Snub nose
- Thin upper lip
Sohyang Favorite Things
- Album Of All-Time – Mariah Carey’s Music Box
Source – YouTube
- She is a devoted Christian.
- Shortly after her marriage to Kim Hee-jun, Sohyang was diagnosed with uterine cancer. She was able to beat the disease as a result of early detection but it rendered her infertile.
- Sohyang was raised in a household with financial problems. In order to get through those troubled times, she would listen to music by American singer and songwriter Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and Celine Dion.
- It was composer Jo Hwan-gon who discovered her while she was practicing at a recording studio.
- She released her debut track titled Mr.”(선생님).
- Initially, she had started off performing for her local community but had not wanted to pursue singing as a profession at the time.
- She has been dubbed the Korean Mariah Carey by international media.
- Over the years, Sohyang has collaborated with several well-known artists including Michael Bolton, JinJoo Lee, David Foster, Brian McKnight, and Kirk Franklin.
- Her vocals are full lyric Soprano and her range is D3 to A6.
- Vocal coach and singer Seth Riggs and Michael Bolton have praised her vocals.
Featured Image By Korean Newspaper Newspaper “NewsInstar” / YouTube