|Maria Brink Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1977|
Maria Brink is an American singer and songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist in a band called In This Moment. Maria Brink had a very unpleasant childhood that would have caused some people to withdraw into their shells, but she managed to turn unpleasant experiences into something good for herself by finding her way into the spotlight. She started her music career in 2002, and now has several albums released with her band. Some of the albums she has released with her band include Beautiful Tragedy (2007), The Dream (2008), A Star-Crossed Wasteland (2010), Blood (2012), Blood At The Orpheum (2014), and Ritual (2017).
Since her career began, Maria Brink had always been outstanding. Her outstanding performance has gotten her recognized and earned her several awards to her name. Some of the awards she has bagged include the “Rock Goddess of Year Award” given to her in the Annual Loud Wire Music Awards in 2013 and 2015. Maria was named the “Hottest Chick in Metal” in the year 2010 and was named by Revolver Magazine as one of the “25 Hottest Chicks in Hard Rock and Metal”. She is also a film director and actress known for her roles in movies such as Murder in the First (2014), Self Righteous Suicide (2002), and Paper Doll (2003). She has also directed videos produced by her band including Black Wedding (2018), and Oh Lord (2017).
Maria Diane Brink
Schenectady, New York, United States
Maria Brink’s education history is unknown. She only went to the 9th grade and dropped out because she got pregnant at a young age.
Singer, Songwriter, Pianist
Maria Brink is represented by –
- In De Goot Entertainment (Entertainment Company), New York, United States
- United Talent Agency (Talent Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States
Metalcore, Alternative metal, Industrial metal, Nu metal, Hard rock, Gothic metal
- Century Media Records
- Atlantic Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maria Brink has dated –
- Jonathan Miller (2013-Present) – Jonathan Miller is a member of the band ‘DevilDriver’. The two artists were rumored to have broken up in 2010 in a relationship they had earlier on. Several sources indicate that they got back together in 2013 and the relationship is still ongoing. Jonathan Miller has Maria Brink’s image tattooed on his arm.
Race / Ethnicity
She has American ancestry.
- Long Blonde hair
- Occasional gothic appearance
- Often wears large earrings
Best Known For
Forming the Band In This Moment in 2005
As a member of the band In This Moment, Maria Brink released her debut album Beautiful Tragedy in 2007. Most of its promotion was done by an interview conducted on Sirius Satellite Radio’s Hard Attack station. The station performed several songs of Beautiful Tragedy and helped expose the band to the heavy metal scene.
First TV Show
Maria’s Brink’s made her first TV show appearance as Herself in Murder in the First in 2015.
Maria Brink Favorite Things
- Band – Deftones
- Vocalist – Chino Moreno
Source – Wikipedia
Maria Brink Facts
- She had a very tough time growing up. Her father left when she was very young, and her mother was a drug addict. It was not easy living with and taking care of her mother.
- At a tender age of 14, the young and naive Maria got pregnant and gave birth to a son, Davion Brink. It was difficult taking care of a son and her sick mother.
- Maria has at least 19 tattoos inscribed all over her body. Some of them include the crossbones, skull, and writing on her wrist, the Latin writing on her neck, the rose on her wrist and the triple goddess symbol on her upper arm.
- Maria Brink has a very impressive social media following. She has gained lots of followers over her time as a musician, and this has been used as some to measure how successful she is.
- She dealt with depression at a very tender age when everything seemed to be turning upside down for her. Being depressed led her into being rebellious. This rebelliousness may have been responsible for her teenage pregnancy.
- Maria didn’t give up on her mother even though she was never there for her. She helped her mother overcome her drug addiction by being supportive and loving even though nothing was going so well in their lives. She helped her mother get checked into a rehabilitation center.
- Many people believe that those who are involved in rock and hard metalcore eat steak almost raw, but Maria Brink is a living opposition to this. She is a devout vegetarian and she loves it.
- Asides being a singer, Maria Brink is also getting her hands on painting to express herself more, although singing has been a way for her to let it all out. She shares her artworks on her wonderland website.
- Maria Brink always loved theater since she was very young, and is determined to bring the element and feel of theater into the live shows her band organizes.
- Maria wrote a song Legacy of Odio as a tribute to the death of her best friend.
- When Maria was in high school, she was a member of a group of people known as “the burn outs”. This was a group of people who weren’t sure to graduate.
- Maria has a personal assistant, Avisia, who she refers to as her sister. Maria brought her up on stage during the Rock on the Range in 2012, where her boyfriend Dan, proposed to her in front of the entire crowd.
- She is living a lavish lifestyle, having made so much money for herself.
- The band’s 3rd album got to No. 40 on the Billboard 200 music chart and their 4th album topped at No. 15 on the chart.
- When she was 18, she began her music career by joining the Albany-based band known as ‘Pulse.’ This band did local shows and were associated with other bands such as Coal Chamber and Sevendust. They later broke up.
- Visit her official website @ mariabrinkswonderland.com.
- Follow Maria Brink on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Maria Brink / Instagram