|Mark Angel Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|May 27, 1991
Mark Angel is a Nigerian comedian, YouTuber, scriptwriter, and video producer who burst into the spotlight after launching his YouTube channel in June 2013 and beginning to upload the series of shorts titled Mark Angel Comedy on it, his channel becoming the first African one to have reached a million subscribers. Mark has garnered more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
He went to Obafemi Awolowo University to study Medicine, but he discontinued for family reasons. After college, he started to study Cinematography in India, and then he spent time in Nigeria, acquiring experience in cinematography as well as theater.
Comedian, Scriptwriter, Video producer, YouTuber
- Others – Emmanuella Samuel (Neice) (Child Comedian)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Amanda Josh – He has been married to Amanda Josh. On May 15, 2018, the pair welcomed a baby girl named Milla Angel.
Race / Ethnicity
- Trimmed mustache and beard
- Shapely lips
- Expressive eyes
Mark Angel Favorite Things
- Football Club – Chelsea
Source – Wikipedia
Mark Angel Facts
- Following his studying cinematography, he had joined Nollywood and done a couple of productions, but his experience there had been short-lived as his mother, being an evangelist, would get skeptical about some of the films he would edit. That had made him look for other ways to channel his talent and led him to work in many capacities including as a security guard.
- Mark has affirmed that he had kickstarted his career in 2011 after doing Photography for some time. Prior to that, he had been a member of the theatre group named Gingertainment, with whom he would perform stage dramas, particularly comedy. They would go from school to school.
- He has often got child comedians including Emmanuella Samuel to feature in his skits.
- He has revealed that when Emmanuella was born, he realized she could easily get influenced positively. She would do everything she was told to do even when she had been very young. He had groomed her and then introduced her to showbiz.
- Angel has recalled having cried on set. He had been rehearsing for the skit titled This is not my real face. There were about 27 kids on set who somehow could not get anything right for as long as 3 hours. They did not listen to his suggestion of not looking at the camera, there was only a day to shoot, edit as well as distribute and Mark got so frustrated that he just started to cry. It was Emmanuella who had walked it would be the finest video. Mark has pointed out the moment having to be one of the most emotional ones of his life. He went on to get thrilled to find all the other children pick up immediately after Emmanuella’s encouragement, and perfect work getting done in less than 30 minutes, like magic.
- He is able to comprehend the two most-spoken native languages in Nigeria namely Igbo and Yoruba.
- Mark has disclosed that whenever he has filmed a skit, his mother has been the first person to screen it. She has often condemned some clips simply because a lady has worn revealing clothes in them. She has always declared that the reason God gave talent to Mark was to promote his cause.
Featured Image by Mark Angel Comedy / Instagram