|Marko Arnautovic Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1989|
Marko Arnautovic‘s talent was never in question. Ever since he broke into Twente’s senior team he was touted as one of the most promising attackers. His performances for Twente helped him secure a big move to Inter Milan. He managed to impress Jose Mourinho, who is usually considered a good judge of talent. But he managed to rub Mourinho the wrong way with his attitude, which would remain a huge problem for him until the birth of his daughter. By the time, he managed to effect a change in his attitude, he was playing for Stoke City. He delivered strong performances over four seasons, before having a breakthrough season with West Ham United in 2017-2018.
Marko, Arragantovic (Nickname coined by Werder Bremen fans because of his alleged arrogant attitude)
Floridsdorf, Vienna, Austria
Information about Marko Arnautovic’s formal education isn’t available.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Tomislav Arnautović
- Mother – Gabriela Arnautovic
- Siblings – Daniel Arnautović (Brother)
Marko Arnautovic is represented by his brother Daniel Arnautović.
He is represented for the matters related to marketing and endorsement by Next Sports Marketing.
21 – FC Twente
89 – FC Internazionale
7 – SV Werder Bremen, West Ham United, Austria National Time
10 – Stoke City
6 ft 3½ in or 192 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marko Arnautovic has dated
- Sarah Lizakowski – Marko Arnautovic is married to Sarah Lizakowski, who is a model and medical practitioner. They had first met when he was playing for Werder Bremen. Over the course of their marriage, she has given birth to two daughters – Emilia and Alicia. In 2013, he credited Emilia’s birth for having a calming influence on him. He also revealed that it motivated him to leave his bad boy image behind and focus completely on his game.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Serbian ancestry on his father’s side, while on his mother’s side, he has Austrian ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, he has been seen in blonde highlights too.
Heavily tattooed body
Marko Arnautovic has inked a personal endorsement deal with Puma. Because of the deal, he is required to wear Puma footwear for his professional commitments. He also uses his social media activity to promote Puma products.
He is a devoted Orthodox Christian.
Best Known For
- Having made over 140 appearances for the English club, Stoke City. He managed to score 26 goals in 4 seasons with the club.
- Having represented the Austrian National Team for more than a decade during which he played in the 2016 UEFA Euro competition
First Soccer Match
In April 2007, Marko Arnautovic made his professional debut with the Dutch side, Twente, in a match against PSV Eindhoven.
In September 2013, he made his first appearance for Stoke City in a goalless draw against Manchester City in a premier league match at Bet365 Stadium.
In August 2017, he made his professional debut for West Ham United in a premier league match against Manchester United. The match ended in a 4-0 humiliation for West Ham.
In October 2008, Arnautovic made his first international start for Austrian national team in a match against the Faroe Islands.
First TV Show
In August 2010, he made his first TV show appearance on the sports series, Das Aktuelle Sportstudio.
Marko Arnautovic Facts
- In the summer of 2008, he attracted a significant amount of interest from Dutch giants, Feyenoord. However, he decided to shun their interest and signed a new contract with Twente.
- In March 2009, he was accused by Willem II player Ibrahim Kargbo for racial abuse. The official investigation was opened by the Dutch Football Association and they found no evidence to support the allegations.
- In 2009, he agreed to a loan deal to Inter Milan with an option to convert it into a permanent deal at the end of the season. However, the Italian club decided against making his stay permanent as club manager Jose Mourinho wasn’t impressed by his childlike attitude.
- In June 2010, the German club Werder Bremen agreed to a transfer deal with Twente. However, he had less than an ideal start as he irked captain Torsten Frings with his attitude even before having officially kicked the ball for the club.
- Just 6 days after having made his league debut for West Ham United, he received his first red card with the club against Southampton as he elbowed Jack Stephens in the 33rd minute.
- He scored his first international goal about 2 years after his debut as he scored the second and third goal against Azerbaijan in 3-0 win in a UEFA Euro 2012 qualification match.
- In July 2016, he signed a new contract with Stoke City as he extended his stay with the club for another 4 years. However, the new contract didn’t keep him long with the club as he handed a transfer request in the next summer.
- In July 2017, he moved to West Ham United from Stoke City as the London based club paid £20 million fees for his services. It was the highest transfer amount West Ham had paid until then for a single player.
- Soon after having moved to West Ham, he offended Stoke by claiming that he wanted to play for the club with bigger ambitions.
- For his great performances in the center forward role in the 2017-18 season, he was recognized as ‘Hammer of the Year’.
- He once insulted a policeman in Vienna by asking to shut up as he could buy his life with money. The incident came after another wild night in the Austrian capital. He eventually issued an apology and gave the officer two tickets to the Austrian national team’s match.
- Visit his official website @ markoarnautovic.com.
- Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Marko Arnautovic / Instagram