Marvin Richard James Humes
Marvin, JLS, VS
Greenwich, London, England
Marvin Humes went to a drama school in his early teens to polish his acting and stage skills.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, DJ, Television presenter
- Father – Colin Hurrell Humes
- Mother – Sharon Humes
- Siblings – Leon Humes (Younger Brother), Jackson Humes (Older Brother)
Marvin Humes is represented by –
- United Agents Ltd.
- Modest Management
Pop, R&B, Dance
- Epic Records
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marvin Humes has dated –
- Rochelle Humes (2010-Present) – Marvin started dating singer Rochelle Wiseman in March 2010. In November 2010, they had decided to end their relationship because their work schedules were making it difficult for them to spend time together. However, by the January 2011, they had got back together. In December, he proposed to her and they got married in July 2012 in a lavish ceremony held at Blenheim Palace. She gave birth to a daughter named Alaia-Mai in May 2013. They welcomed their second daughter, Valentina Raine, in March 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Jamaican ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he is of Anglo-Scottish descent.
- Often has a trimmed beard
- Buzzcut hairdo
- Marvin Humes has appeared in TV commercials for Nintendo Wii Party and Walkers Crisps as a member of JLS.
- His band JLS was also roped in by Durex.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being the former member of English boyband, JLS, which is best known for finishing as a runner-up in the 5th season of The X Factor. Before they decided to break up in 2013, they had sold over 10 million records worldwide.
- Having served as a co-presenter of the BBC talent show, The Voice UK, from 2014 to 2016.
In 2009, his music group released their debut studio album, JLS, which was a huge commercial hit and managed to achieve ‘platinum’ certification in multiple countries.
He hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2000, he made his first television show appearance as Robbie Waring in the Too Much Too Young episode of the drama series Holby City.
Marvin Humes has enlisted the help of a personal trainer in order to achieve a shredded physique. He aims to get in about 4 workout sessions per week. However, on an average, he can only manage 3 workout sessions. But, he also makes sure that even when he is too busy, he hits the gym at least twice a week.
He usually starts his workout by getting on the treadmill for a 10 minutes warm-up. He follows it up with a full body workout. The focus is on doing high reps for each exercise and maintaining a high intensity throughout. If he can’t hit the gym, he tries to do a half an hour workout at his home.
When it comes to nutrition, he is not crazy about dieting. He just tries to watch what he eats and makes sure that he indulges in his guilty pleasures in moderation. Immediately after working out, he eats tuna with a jacket potato. He also eats a lot of chicken and veggies. The overall focus is on eating as much protein as possible.
Marvin Humes Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Entourage, The Voice, and The X Factor
- Shop – Christian Louboutin
- Artists/Singers – Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Usher, Stevie Wonder, Mariah Carey, Ne-Yo, Boyz II Men, Prince, Justin Timberlake, and Craig David
- Films – Back to the Future, The Goonies, Titanic, The Matrix, Donnie Brasco, Seven, Scarface, Cruel Intentions, Legends of the Fall, and Moonwalker
- Books – The Success Principles by Jack Canfield, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, The Pursuit of Happiness by Chris Gardner, The Beam by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant, and The Success Puzzle by Bob Proctor
- Concert – Michael Jackson’s Dangerous tour in 1994
- First Crush – Pamela Anderson
- Color – Green
- Restaurant – Nando’s
- Sport – Football
- Holiday Destination – Thailand
- Heroes – Michael Jackson, Martin Luther King, and his parents
- Animal – Lion
- Quote – “Whether you can or can’t do something you’re absolutely right”
- Subject In School – Business Studies
- Biggest Inspiration – Michael Jackson
- Soccer Club – Chelsea FC
Source – The Express, Wikia
Marvin Humes Facts
- He was the oldest member of his music group, JLS.
- Marvin started his journey as a music artist with the British pop band, VS, which was formed by Simon Webbe, who is best known for his stint with the boy band, Blue.
- He was the first individual to be added to JLS by the founding member Oritsé Williams. They had met through mutual friends.
- In September 2010, a Marvin Humes doll was launched. His fellow JLS members also had dolls made after them.
- His music band established The JLS Foundation that has worked to raise funds for a number of charities including Rays of Sunshine, Cancer Research UK, Brook, and Childline. They still work for the charity despite the end of their music group.
- Visit his official site @ www.marvinhumes.com.
- Follow him Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Marvin Humes / Instagram