|Mason Greenwood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 1, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mason Greenwood is an English professional footballer who has played for the Premier League club Manchester United as well as for La Liga club Getafe.
Mason Will John Greenwood
Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Professional Football Player
- Father – Andrew Greenwood (Engineer)
- Mother – Melanie Hamilton (Housewife)
- Siblings – Ashton (Sister) (Track Athlete)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mason Greenwood has dated –
- Harriet Robson – He reportedly started going out with Harriet Robson in the year 2018. The duo has shared a tumultuous relationship and she accused him of assault in a series of posts on her social media on January 30, 2022. It also included audio where a woman tells a man whom she called Mason: “I don’t want to have s*x”, to which the man replies: “I don’t give a f*ck what you want … I’m going to f*ck you, you t*at … I don’t care if you want to have s*x with me … I asked you politely, and you wouldn’t do it, so what else do you want me to do?” Later, the man is heard saying: “Push me again one more time and watch what happens to you.”
Following this incident, he was suspended by Manchester United and was arrested by Greater Manchester Police on suspicion of rape and assault of a woman. All charges against Mason Greenwood were dropped on February 2, 2023, by the Crown Prosecution Service, citing the withdrawal of key witnesses and “new material that came to light”. On July 11, 2023, Mason and Harriet announced the birth of their child via Instagram. In August 2023, Manchester United’s CEO Richard Arnold stated that the “alleged victim requested the police to drop their investigation in April 2022”.
Race / Ethnicity
Mason Greenwood is of Jamaican descent.
Mason Greenwood has done endorsement work for brands such as Nike.
Mason Greenwood Facts
- He grew up in the Wibsey area of Bradford.
- He was 6 years old when he joined Manchester United, playing at the club’s development school in Halifax.
- For the 2017–18 season, Mason Greenwood joined up with the Under-18 squad and finished as top scorer of the U18 Premier League North with 17 goals in 21 games.
- He was named Player of the Tournament as Manchester United‘s youth side won the ICGT Trophy (an international youth football tournament) in the Netherlands in May 2018.
- On July 20, 2018, he made his non-competitive debut with Manchester United as a 76th-minute substitute in a 1–1 draw against Club América.
- Mason Greenwood signed his first professional contract with Manchester United on October 2, 2018.
- On September 19, 2019, he scored his first United goal in their Europa League opener against Kazakh side Astana. He scored the only goal of the game and became the club’s youngest-ever goalscorer in European competition at the age of 17 years, 353 days.
- He went on to score his first league goal with Manchester United in a 3–3 draw with Sheffield United on November 24, 2019.
- In January 2020, Mason Greenwood recorded his first FA Cup goal in a 6-0 win for Manchester United against Tranmere Rovers.
- As he scored his fifth European goal during a 5–0 win over LASK of Austria on March 12, 2020, he became the first teenager to score at least five goals in a single European season for United.
- Following his 2022 arrest and suspension by Manchester United, Mason Greenwood joined La Liga club Getafe on loan for the 2023–24 season on September 1, 2023, as he was under contract with United until 2025.
Featured Image by Kane Brooker / Flickr / CC BY 2.0