|Matt Slays Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1980|
Matt Slays is an American YouTuber, social media influencer, musician, songwriter, and music producer who is best known for co-running the Matt and Rebecca YouTube channel with his wife Rebecca Zamolo which revolves around family-friendly vlogs, pranks, music, and challenge videos and has amassed more than 4 million subscribers. He is also a musician and often posts music of his own and covers of popular songs through various platforms and YouTube channels of fellow collaborators. Matt is also popular on other social media platforms with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 2.2 million followers on TikTok. He has regularly collaborated with fellow YouTuber and musician Joshua David Evans.
Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Matt, after his high school graduation, had attended Western Oregon University from 2000 to 2004.
- Others – Paul Zamolo (Father-in-Law), Cathy Zamolo (Mother-in-Law), Jennifer Zamolo (Sister-in-Law), Monica Zamolo (Sister-in-Law), Michael Zamolo (Brother-in-Law), Lissa Zamolo (Sister-in-Law)
YouTuber, Social Media Influencer, Musician, Songwriter, Music Producer
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matt has dated –
- Rebecca Zamolo (2002–Present) – Matt got married to an American social media star, news broadcaster, actress, writer, singer, and producer Rebecca Zamolo on May 17, 2014. They had started dating in 2002 and got engaged in December 2012. Rebecca suffered a miscarriage in 2020. In 2021, she got pregnant for the 2nd time with a baby girl.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Affable smile
- Side-parted, spiked hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Has moles on his neck
Matt Slays Facts
- He was interested in singing and dancing since his childhood and gave trials as a teenager for a hip-hop boy band called Townsend in the San Francisco Bay area. He was selected as a member of the band after a few auditions.
- Matt was among the 25 finalists for the singing-based TV series called Making the Band which was telecast on the ABC network.
- Before he decided to focus full-time on his online career, he had worked for Hilton Hotels in the sales department, for almost 6 years, starting from February 2003. During this stint, he also competed in and won an MTV song-writing competition.
- In addition to his musical work and YouTube channel, he has also worked as an editor and cinematographer. He has directed numerous short films and web episodes.
- Matt and his wife Rebecca also run a secondary vlogging YouTube channel called PawZam Dogs which features fun dog challenge videos with the couples’ rescue dogs named Blackjack and Peanut. The channel has amassed more than 650k subscribers.
Featured Image by Matt Slays / Instagram